Best coil for small shallow gold SD2200d

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, 6" Mono Goldstaker is now fully waterproof. I use one on the 5000 in very dense vegetation - works a treat.

Thanks guys, it's now a toss up between
8" minelab
6" goldstalker ( waterproof :D )
8" Detech ( also waterproof )
If the minelab mono was waterproof i would of bought that.

I like the idea of poking the 6" coiltek underwater in amongst crevices.

The smaller the coil, the more it will react to hotrocks. So on the 2200, I'd expect the 8" would run quieter. Anyone know what type of wire detech use?

Reeks said:
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t16750-detech-8-mono

Found this.
Interesting results, where the 14x9 nugget finder picked up a 0.28g deeper than the Detech 8" and the coiltek 6"

I'm almost sold on the Detech 8"

Its a really good sensitive coil, its got thick mounts, and a bevel
Edge so if your scraping along the ground it won't get stuck
And pete is a nice guy to do Business with.

You should be more than happy with it.

KarlS said:
I'm also looking for small coil for White's SPP. I got 7.5 inch White's mono coil which seem to work OK, but pinpointing abilities of mono coils leave lot to be desired. I'm used to 6 inch DD coil on X-terra and found it quite difficult to find some 2 mm metal object in wet muddy soil with Mono coil. I gladly sacrifice half a inch depth advantage of mono for qood pinpointing ability of DD.
The problem is that SPP got fixed 10 us timing and coil I need must be able to work with this limitation.
Karl

I'm running a 12 X 7 NF mono on my SPP. Gr8 coil and easy to pinpoint with the tip. Pinged a .2 of a gram, in the first scrape, but surprised me that this little unit was capable of getting gold as small as that.

Won a 6" Coiltek goldstalker mono on ebay this arv, brand new $160 delivered.
Will suit what im planning on doing with it being fully submersible.

Will see how it performs on the old girl.

Sweet, should run quite nicely, good for poking around the shallow rocky areas. It will feel like swinging styrofoam after swinging the 14DD. :)

I will be interested to hear how you go. My old girl hates monos on anything but the most benign ground going - its like waving a cross at a vampire!! She gets snarly, refuses to GB properly and generally misbehaves.

Yep, theres definitely places where i wont be expecting it to behave, but for some other areas where i could walk 30m without needing to re-ground balance I'm hoping it will shine.

Latest posts