Ballarat Area Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dickie, a better idea would be to take the SDC across the road to the gold museum. Wear a long coat and don't get caught.

Regards Axtyr.

Great Idea , but will they let my dog in , she's a qualified Gold sniffing Dog :lol:
axtyr said:
Dickie, a better idea would be to take the SDC across the road to the gold museum. Wear a long coat and don't get caught.

Regards Axtyr.

I've got the sunglasses , but no fedora , will an Akubra do and a Drizabone for added stealth ?
Jaros said:
You forgot the sunglasses and fedora to hide from the cameras snipers on the roof.

Sound like myself Dickie. I'm a newbie.
Just bought Sdc2300 last week and now we are in lockdown.
Can't wait to get out.
You happy with the machine?

Hi Dickie and Damo newbie. haven't heard from you for many months. Have you got on the board yet? Don't forget that if you have any questions, plenty of people here willing to offer genuine help.

Regards Axtyr.
Seriously though, it is worth having a look at their gold nugget collection including some like Goldasaurus (144 oz). Henry Bolte left a bequest that is used to purchase nuggets - I helped value one for them that had 40 oz or so in it. I think they also have a 177 oz nugget found in recent years near Ballarat. Hard not to feel the bug rejuvenated when you see their collection.....

The room showing all the localities in the district where Paul Simon found alluvial gold, each with a small basin of alluvial gold from each locality, will get the panners a bit worked up as well.

Gday all, I am heading through Ballarat for one day and will have a few hours spare to detect. Could anyone recommend a place worth having a go? Thanks.

l would say that would be the most asked question on the forum :rolleyes:
Miners Den do a booklet Ballarat Gold Detecting Guide for around ten bucks
👍

Latest posts