awesome deteknix pinpointer feature

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The retune feature on the waders, assume diver, and wader li as well, is awesome. I wasnt aware of it, until I saw a vid on youtube last nite. I hope to explain this well.....with pinpointers, the closer you get to a target in the hole, the more area it beeps on. Your not exactly sure where the find is. But by pushing the power button once, it activates retune, and the pinpointer will only beep when your precisely on the target. I only just tried it today, and love it, a real time saver.

I like the retune as it saves having to changing sensitivity...

But if I am around metal play ground equipment - I drop the sensitivity and then re tune as required.

For Day time hunting I also like to turn the MAIN LED light off... Still have 3 levels of feedback... Beep / Vibrate and a Flashing Red LED... (No other pointer can do that).

With the Main LED off it also means you get better battery life.

AND is you ever put it down when digging a target and forget - your Deteknix pointer will remind you after about 3 min AND will keep going for hrs..

Many of the others beep etc for 15 min approx and then go into battery save mode and switch off....

It usually takes me a while to realise and I would rather spend 1hr or more and find it with a part flat battery. Than have it turn off ; not find it and have some one else find it, with a charged battery... But that is just me :)