AT-PRO/GOLD NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was at the local store shopping for batteries for the AT-GOLD and decided it's probably time to invest in a set of rechargeable.

I'm no expert in rechargeable but I ended up getting an Energizer Recharge Smart charging unit [2450mAh Batteries Included] + an extra set of Energizer Extreme 2300mAh, which strangely enough claim to last considerably longer than the 2450mAh variant and has a lower discharge rate.

I'm yet to test these out but wanted to ask if anyone here has used either the 2450mAh or 2300mAh batteries in the AT-PRO or AT-GOLD and can comment on the performance and reliability. Or even better if you've used both variants and can comment on any differences between the two.

That's what I figured.

The other thing is the instructions that came with the charger says to charge batteries before use (the ones that come with it), but when I turn the charger on it lights up then switches off almost to say there're done. On the packet of the 2300mAh batteries it says ready to go :S

I will test them out tomorrow to be sure but do you think the batteries that came with the charger might be shipped pre-charged?

Hi, I tried energizers about 5 years ago but found after 3-4 months they no longer held charge for long. I was put onto eneloop batteries & thes have been great I now swear by these & are now my prefered choice.

Nugget said:
The other thing is the instructions that came with the charger says to charge batteries before use (the ones that come with it), but when I turn the charger on it lights up then switches off almost to say there're done. On the packet of the 2300mAh batteries it says ready to go :S

I will test them out tomorrow to be sure but do you think the batteries that came with the charger might be shipped pre-charged?

Funny story, there was actually a plastic strip that had written on it "remove before charging". I'm an idiot lol

I know this probably sounds stupid but I have been recharging standard batteries for years. Good quality ones normally recharge the best ie energizer or duracell. You just have to keep your eye on them and makesure they don't get too hot. I have only ever seen one battery pop open and leak acid. I reckon it's all a big scam. They recharge no worries but after 4 or 5 times they don't last as long. I always have a spare set of recharged duracels in the car and they give me atleast 12 hours in the AT gold. Better than throwing them away :)

Latest posts