Warranty, what you expect and what do you get?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
I'm a very happy chappy. I just received my 14" Coiltek in the post. I'd not have been unhappy to have to pay something for the repair as this coil has found more than 10 times its cost in gold. Even though it was damaged it still performed better than anything else we have.

1583814483_coiltek_14.jpg

Anybody whos followed our travels over the last few years will have seen me pulling an extraordinary amount of gold from the well worked WA goldfields. Almost all of my gold finds have been found by me swinging a GPX4500 fitted with a 14 Coiltek Elite mono coil.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/rxz0zBco6X4[/video]

I must admit Ive been a little disappointed with the Coiltek coil at times. Not too long after receiving it the Coiltek label fell off. I took that as a bad sign. Then I had a bit of trouble with the Coiltek Elite coil a year or two back. The plastic bonding between the top and bottom halves of the coil came apart. I sent a message to Coiltek via their website and never got a response. I was not happy but I grabbed a pot of PVC plumbers cement from some country hardware store and after an overnight for the glue to set the coil was performing as good as new.

1583814388_old_coil.jpg

Again last season the same seam came loose. It doesnt stop the coil from operating but it gets noisy and allows dust to enter. Another generous splash of PVC cement soon fixed the problem. At this point I made the decision to buy another brand new 14 Coiltek Elite. In the previous few weeks the old one had just found me a few nice nuggets from well flogged ground 118g, 119g and 124g along with a few between 10g and 30g. My only concern was that I might have had a freak coil that really couldnt be replaced so Id delayed the purchase.

1583814563_119g_nugget.jpg

A couple of weeks back I saw a brief comment from Trevor at Coiltek on this site. I took the opportunity to contact him by PM to comment on the lack of response Id received on the website and my concerns. Considering Id owned this coil from near the start of our gold prospecting and it was so worn that it never had one bit of print left on it, it really did look secondhand. Even that little label with the serial number and the words Warranty Void if Removed had gone back to mother earth.

His instant response was Send it back and well repair it for you. He hadnt seen the coil so I expected to get a call quoting the repair. Nothing happened so I just waited.

Well it was worth the wait. My coil is either brand new or looks like a brand new coil. I couldnt wait to try it so we saddled up on the quads and headed out for a swing. I think Id forgotten how smooth and quiet this coil used to be. It really is back to new picking up the faintest signals and having me dig deeper than I really wanted to to find all sorts of junk from a bygone era.

Thank you Coiltek for wonderful service years beyond the claimed warranty period. They didnt even charge me for the return postage :Y:

If only more business had the sense to say lets get to the bottom and see if we get a good outcome.

I have no idea what they spend on advertising but Ill bet the coil fix/replace will be infinitely better ROI.

Good story :Y:

Great support. It's good to see a company go an extra mile in regards to looking after a customer.

I think nowadays with social media most places try to go an extra mile or the company might end up seeing bad comments somewhere on the internet which then hurts their future sales.

Latest posts