AT gold for coins?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Is the AT gold good for coins and relics as well as the yella stuff? :)
and how do they run on the beach amongst the salty stuff? looking at one for a backup........

I've found the AT Gold to be a fantastic machine on coins and relics and have found plenty to prove it. As per the manual though, unfortunately it's not suited to wet beach sand as it becomes extremely unstable.

Thanks Nugget, kinda confirms what I've been reading.....not really a problem as the beach is a long way from home :) but as a relic, coin and backup gold machine it sounds like it's just what I'm after. Now to find a dealer and do a deal! :cool:

I also have the AT Gold and i find it amazing for finding relics and coin and jewellery in all ground types, Yesterday we found our very first 9ct gold ring around iron targets.. It works well just listen out and monitor your ID's amoung iron targets cause we have found many coins and stuff under iron ID's :D

oh sorry as Nugget says with wet sand it does become very noisy and unstable many false readings but can still use it if you can handle the noises lol

Latest posts