Are Superbugs being imported from India via food and beverages

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Absolutely plausible mate, but just laying dormant on the outside would be enough. However it's not just India. All of Asia and America have been dosing up their livestock with anti-biotics for years- it's only just been put under check here too. Another damn good reason we should be totally self-sufficient in Oz. Another sure and iminent disaster created by the Pharmacos with the blessing of their corporate puppet buddies.

I remember seeing a report on this must be 20 years ago, concerning Russias development of Viral Phage Therapy - in a nutshell its using virus's to kill bacteria! and very successfully I might add. The reason that western pharmacutical companies dont do any development with VPT is because it is all natural and they can't corner the market with patents.

Interesting vid, it makes sense in this vid that antibiotics going into water supplies will naturally cause bacteria that have to try to survive thus becoming resistant or totally immune to those antibiotics.

Rotor,
Phages are being developed here to fight emerging super bacteria strains though.

I refuse to use generic medications after a severe allergic reaction to a generic antibiotic, one of which the propper brand name I previously had no problems. I took the generic and nearly ended up in hospital. :( I won't use generics of any type anymore.

The MCR-1 Gene is the one I am worried about I think the common word super bug is not the right naming as it is a gene not a resilient type of bacteria like we are used to seeing that increasingly gets harder to treat the MCR-1 gene is just that and is starting to be found on global scale, anyway here is an interesting read about the MCR-1 for those who are unaware.. thanks guy's :cool:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3346440/Superbug-resistant-antibiotics-reaches-Europe-Danish-patient-infected-untreatable-form-salmonella-probably-Britain.html

I cant believe that colistin has been used willy nilly and not have any idea what the consequences would be .........

Absolutely plausible. I can tell you now 100% Zika virus is here in AUS in the Northern States. It was recently confirmed to be in Rockhampton QLD. Found in tested/captured mosquito,s in the Rocky district. Believed to have been transmitted by a recent traveller to Asia who was bitten by a Zika mozzie in Asia and then bitten by an Aussie Mossie on return. It has now been transmitted to our Mozzies. Its 100% here but being kept under wraps . Use protectent where ever you are.

I can tell you now 100% Zika virus is here in AUS in the Northern States. It was recently confirmed to be in Rockhampton QLD. Found in tested/captured mosquito,s in the Rocky district. Believed to have been transmitted by a recent traveller to Asia who was bitten by a Zika mozzie in Asia and then bitten by an Aussie Mossie on return. It has now been transmitted to our Mozzies. Its 100% here but being kept under wraps . Use protectent where ever you are.
This is starting to sound like fearmongering. If they are keeping it under wraps where did you get your information from?
There have been a number of stories in the media of people who have been infected overseas and have returned to Australia. In the Rockhampton case, the government started spraying the area because the Aedes aegypti is known in the area and is the only known carrier in Australia, and only found in QLD. They are worried about other types of mosquito being hosts, but apart form other species of Aedes mosquito, there are no other hosts known at this time.
So yes there is a real risk of a Zika outbreak, but why would the government try to hide it? All that would do is spread it quicker.

Main problem I personaly see with mosquitos and viruses would lie within the sheath that draws back as the probiscus is impaled in the victim, if the victim has a virus, when the probiscus is removed the sheath moves back into place and covers it, thereby keeping tje Oxygen away from the virus and enabling safe passage from one victim to another of a virus if she (only the female seeks blood) is disturbed during her suckling and relands on a different victim who does not have the virus then the potential for viral tranfer is manifest.
This would also hold true for any type virus. :eek:

Did you read the article? It was another case of infection after returning from overseas. They are spraying as a precaution, same as Rockhampton.
Again, yes there is a potential of an outbreak, but the government is responding promptly, before it is even known if it's Zika or dengue.

My fearmongering comment was in relation to the government trying to cover up Zika being found in Australian mosquito's. Again to my knowledge it has not happened yet.

Latest posts