Anyone home in kingower area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been here a couple days now detecting and have been detecting around diggings at a number of gullies in kingower state forest but am dumbfounded as to the lack of other detectorists. Coming from SA and being used to running into folks at jupiter creek/ chapel hill, I expected the golden triangle would see a lot more activity. No nuggets so far this trip but the weather is awesome. Guess you blokes are hell bent running to the next gold rush while I slept under a rock. :lol:

Was just there last week nuggetino, its my favourite hunting ground...... did you notice they have graded the sides of the road on the Inglewood side of town?
Taken about 5" off in some spots. Some back-burns went through the area about a month ago also.

Now some would say, the sides of the main road? Why bother?
I will leave those who might think Im crazy to have a bit of a think about this!

Check out those old dozer clearings right on the side of the main drag (Inglewood side of Kingower).....maybe you have spotted them (small regrowth area's).
They are right at the base of that huge range about a k or so from the road, they did it for a reason and they didnt get it all.
If you look along the road towards horizon it rises and falls in a wave like motion, a dead give away of the anticlines and synclines in this area.
You will know it when you see it.
Right on the salinity belt also.

Hope this gives you a few clues.

Sounds like your having a ball mate, its a top spot hey!
Seriously thinking about loading the car and coming up to meet you for a few days digging in the dirt.

How long you staying?

Cheers

Wayne ;)

Latest posts