Anyone going for a dig this weekend?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommtb7

Tommy
Reaction score
Just thought I would see if anyone was goin for a scratch around this weekend? If so where are ya headin, what's your favourite method, and how do you think you will go? I'm heading up into the hills near foster, vic with my highbanker and high hopes

Might go for a detect Sunday maybe out Windeyer way. Hoping to do some sort of scratchin about! If it don't rain I'll be hoping for at least another small bit or two - gotta keep workin my "secret" spot :p

Hi there ,I am new at this and would like to know if anyone can tell me where to detect south of Adelaide:)

lindy72.le@gmail said:
Hi there ,I am new at this and would like to know if anyone can tell me where to detect south of Adelaide:)

G'day Lindy, any of the parks or beaches where people gather are a good easy option. Being new to detecting you might want to try joining a club, Southern Seekers are down your way if you live south. More details can be found here for them and other Adelaide clubs.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=381

G'day Lindy
welcome to the forum- as DaBilda says there is a very active detecting club down south "The southern seekers" - the meet at the clubrooms of the Southern Rockhounds 17 Gerald Court Christies Downs 5164.
The southern detectors are not part of the Rockhounds just use their clubrooms there are several members of the Rockhounds who are also members of the Southern Seekers.

The seekers get out as a group at least once a month

Good luck with your detecting.

wasn't looking for gold at Castlemaine but got a few cut-able Ferro calcites out of the basalt that crosses the streams and some very nice common opal.

Good luck with the gold.

Off to Bendigo tomorrow to get a lesson and try out a hire GPX5000 - Am the only one booked in so a good one-on-one lesson. Not much opportunity otherwise over the weekend :(

Definitely going for a dig on one of the days. Weather for Ballarat area looks pretty good. Hopin' to get me some of the shiny stuff :)

Wherever you're going on the weekend, travel safe!

AU

Heading to Shoalhaven tomorrow. Bring friend (new) there as training :p and my friend can taste the color :p

HeadsUp said:
malau said:
Heading to Shoalhaven tomorrow. Bring friend (new) there as training :p and my friend can taste the color :p

which part of shoalhaven ? are you staying down there or just a day trip ?

Just ollan ford road. Will be day trip only. However may go to shoal haven again on Monday with other friend (last time went to Tuena with him no luck so wanna bring him to Shoal Haven on coming Monday)

You wanna meet up tomorrow?

malau said:
HeadsUp said:
malau said:

Just ollan ford road. Will be day trip only. However may go to shoal haven again on Monday with other friend (last time went to Tuena with him no luck so wanna bring him to Shoal Haven on coming Monday)

Hi Malau

Monday i might be down there but have some jobs to finish before i get away and going to follow my instincts where i set up , so nothing is set in concrete until i get there and smell the air .

being a long weekend it might be elbow to elbow

will you be using a HB ?

HeadsUp said:
malau said:
HeadsUp said:

Hi Malau

Monday i might be down there but have some jobs to finish before i get away and going to follow my instincts where i set up , so nothing is set in concrete until i get there and smell the air .

being a long weekend it might be elbow to elbow

will you be using a HB ?

I just use sluicebox only coz budget issue :p

Btw I call off the operation today due to weather so maybe Sun and Mon (day trip)

shivan said:
Will most likely be at Oallen tomorrow for the day, may see you out there :cool:

If not because house inspection I want to go tomorrow too.. The bug bite me seriously

Tommtb7 said:
Just thought I would see if anyone was goin for a scratch around this weekend? If so where are ya headin, what's your favourite method, and how do you think you will go? I'm heading up into the hills near foster, vic with my highbanker and high hopes

G'day Tommtb7, I'll be 'scouting' around in the same area to get a feel for the place and ultimately looking "for that out of the way" gully that's not been visited for a 100 years ;) but has been topped up since them with "flood" gold ;) I'll have my pans and steam sluice with me but may do nothing with them because it's primarily a day trip for the missus and so cafe's, crafts and antiques will be the priority of the day but i'll get to check out a few creek crossings that i've earmarked for special attention. If i hear a pump off in the distance i guess it'll be you :D

good luck

Hoping to get up to adelong either tomorrow or Monday, I'll be running the whole gambit of options- detector pan and sluice, hopefully one of the techniques pay off :p

Latest posts