Another Steve Irwin ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomo said:
I'm trying to recall the old fella in Proserpine? that had a croc in his back yard.
He used to take it to the pub when it was small
Charlene l think was the crocs name.
He had it for decades until Charlene grabbed him and ripped his arm off

Stupidity has a habit of catching up with you.....

Ridge Runner said:
I
Off screen Steve Irwin was a quiet bloke and just like anyone else, not like what you saw on TV, :Y:

Madtuna wrote :
Also Steve Irwin was just as hyper away from the cameras as he was on camera. What you saw on film was just how he was and he was that way since he was a kid.
His father helped set up the reptile park where I grew up as a kid.

Me
When I was a little girl growing up Steve Irwin was a goldfish and had no idea he was bipolar.

aussiefarmer said:
Ridge Runner said:
I
Off screen Steve Irwin was a quiet bloke and just like anyone else, not like what you saw on TV, :Y:

Madtuna wrote :
Also Steve Irwin was just as hyper away from the cameras as he was on camera. What you saw on film was just how he was and he was that way since he was a kid.
His father helped set up the reptile park where I grew up as a kid.

Me
When I was a little girl growing up Steve Irwin was a goldfish and had no idea he was bipolar.

In the mid 70's Steve had a reptile park just past the Buderim Turn Off On the old Bruce Highway, I first met him and his father in early 77, Around 85/86 the new Bruce Highway was being built which bypassed Steve's original wildlife park and Forest Glen and the Buderim turn off and the Coloundra and beerwah turn offs.

Watch Andrew uccles on YouTube, catching snakes barefoot and chucking them down rabbit holes to catch rabbits. Personally I think its quite impressive. Hes a crazy bugger but a lot of us aussies are.

1590324451_0477c3b6-1f93-449b-9492-02393d5c1316.jpg

Me a few years ago. Guess I have a soft spot for Rob, I could never do what he did, he is really a legend.

Westozadventures said:
Watch Andrew uccles on YouTube, catching snakes barefoot and chucking them down rabbit holes to catch rabbits. Personally I think its quite impressive. Hes a crazy bugger but a lot of us aussies are.

He's right out there. Could survive in the wild for a while no wuccas.

He another one that popped up...Apparently the guy is another YouTube snake expert and was out filming for his channel when this happened. I can't decide if it was staged or not, but I have to say he was a lot calmer than I would have been.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/EJqTAGgKJ48[/video]

It's weird how he touched it's tail and it went and laid on his leg, The are not as lethal as Aussie snakes but they have huge fangs and their venom rots your flesh away, I have seen the mess they cause with one of their bites, It is not nice to see.

Ridge Runner said:
It's weird how he touched it's tail and it went and laid on his leg, The are not as lethal as Aussie snakes but they have huge fangs and their venom rots your flesh away, I have seen the mess they cause with one of their bites, It is not nice to see.

Yeah, talk about the situation going from bad to worse! Not sure I would have been poking it with a stick either!

I have seen pictures of severe necrosis from snake bite, and freely admit I flinched a bit when that rattlesnake went towards the guys crotch....

Latest posts