Another Deep creek dig

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Tribsa Cecc and me decided to mix it up this time and find some shade and find some bedrock to crevis instead of hitting the pit where we know the gold is.... well the shade was for me and Cecc tribsa had no choice unless he changed his name to nigell no friends..hahaha
Cecc and myself left tribsa behind to wait for Mike... ...typical Cecc packed enough stuff to weigh down a camel dosent matter how many times i tell him the pack lite he insists on bringing the bloody kitchen sink!

We walked through some 6foot bullgrass and found the spot banging and clanging along the way cause i know joe blake hangs out here and so did cecc he made me go first...lol

We setup a spot and i watched cecc start foaming at the mouth staring at the bedrock he had it bad poor fella hahaha .
I started test panning cause i hadnt been here since last flood and everything had changed cecc started his crevising the wheels were in motion.

A little later tribsa returned with our newest member Mike watched him bum skid down the bank not on purpose ofcoarse but held his own on the way down. You could see he has done that before...hahaha

We made introductions and we each set to task with a bit of small talk to kill the silence.
We happily spent a couple of hours looking for the yellow teasing/encouraging along the way until we started finding some.
Panning lessons were a dime a dozen ......we had crushed quartz granite and a shite load of pyrite....it was super fine and was so dense the gold sat on top of it and couldnt get to the bottom of the pan.
We were all having some fun regardless of the lack of colour i guess it was due to the good company of a few blokes.

I went to go fetch a shovel and pick i left behind earlier on the bedrock and came accross the mother of all typans i seriously have never seen one that big before and it put the bejesus up me. Even though i nilly stepped on it ...it didnt want to move!

We left mike behind to tinker around while we made our way back to the car park nice bloke i will take him to the pit next time put a smile on his dial.

All in all i love catching up with tribsa and cecc never a dull moment like how cecc packs his buckets in a bag for transport (mate they got handles)...in a brightly coloured pokeadot wiggles reject bag!
Im sure the laughs will never stop.

Yobs, Cecc and Tribsa

thanks guys...had a good day out...gravel rash on my backside from a skid down the creek bank which was nothing compared to wading around all day with gum boots full of water...my depth perception of the creek was pretty poor.

No joke trying to get water filled gumboots off when I got back to my car it was was hell ...bloody things had more suction than a yabbie pump...took me 5 minutes wiggling and jiggling very wet feet to get them off.

Anyway a great day out and good to meet up with some good fellas. Outcome from panning was a couple of yellow specks and some great tutoring and advice and a heap of good conversation.

Thanks guys,
look forward to the next outing :/

And before anyone asks...why didn't you just take off the water filled gum boots rather than wade around all day... couldn't get them off...the suction was too strong. Feet now look like albino prunes. Oh well I will check the depth of the creek next time

Good write up Yobs, and Mike great to meet you, hope you enjoyed the frivolity of us three, we always have a ball. And once again, thanks yobs for sharing one of your honey holes. Might be able to run the sluice next time. Tribsa and I had a wow of a time and tomorrow I'll put up a video and some photo's. too tired tonight.

And yes....am definitely going to reduce that weight, nearly kills me walking back up the hill and back to the car, reminds of those wonderful Army days trudging around for miles.

Thanks guys for the best day out.....I thoroughly enjoy everyone.

Another great day yobs. In the shade, havin a few laughs and digging for gold. Couldnt ask for more. Nice to meet new member mike and im glad he found a few little specks. You will find some bigger gold at the pit next trip mate. As for cecc and his bucket bag mate , at least we won't loose him in that bullgrass haha. Aways fun with you guys and already keen for the next trip :p

Hahahah glad the boys like my wiggle bag,,,,,,she's blue and yeah poka dots......but the backpack man it's going to get a clean out.

Some pics and Vid.

dRW3Qql

Y8tXHqh.jpg

pkKy6MI.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/jsqB0AJjxYI[/video]

Haha :lol: what a great read and vid, cheers for the posts guys, what a blast lol :lol: :lol:

Next time the boot gets stuck Mike - if you have a toeball on yer car, wedge the heel of the boot between the ball and hitch / car and should give you some good grip, you can also hold the car for balance before giving it a tug. While my knees have been buggered, its the way I've been doin it the past couple of weeks

Thanks AR and yeah it was superb. Good tips on the gumboots.

Hahhah here we are again..........."Wake Up Jeff"...........or is it..........."Wake Up Yobs"..........hahahh good on ya mate.

Always interesting viewing.....
Thanks guys love your work Cecc and yobskin hope to see you guys there oneday soon. ;)

I was thinking if you had a hole in the tip of the gumboot it would let the air in and slip off easy ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps. Don't try this at home. ;)

Latest posts