Angus Mackirk concentrate cleaner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banksy

steven and debbie banks
Reaction score
looking at getting a Angus Mackirk concentrate cleaner or a Grubbstake, has anyone used one before(help Greg get through his concentrate's a bit quicker hahaha sorry mate)

Prob suggest doing it on the cheap, the grubsteak i feel might not be the concentrator you really want, still got do some panning after the fact. I use a small 20cm wide sluice by 70cm long lined with black rubber grooved matting easily sourced at Clark rubber using just a hose from the garden tap. Sure it won't get every tiny speck but it will flush out the ironstone and blondes from the cons pretty quick using a scoop. I gave my grubsteak to my nephew who does use it to help him out before panning so it will work but at the price id get the cheaper more effective option I've outlined. Advantage of the grubsteak is it can be used as a sluice i guess.

Thanks Goldtarget for the advice, I will look into it tomorrow and pete not until Greg and I have cleaned out all the gold from that spot haha ;) and moved to spot Z

Latest posts