Angus mackirk boss sluice!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
good call, i got mine to work mate but had to run two 1500 gph pumps and has her very flat indeed, just an fyi this weekend mate sailors has stopped running completely i'm sure you know where the pols are though :) might even see you down that way at some stage

Thanks for the tip on the pumps.
I ran mine this arvo and 2000 gph would have to be bare minimum for the Boss. I'd say your 3,000gph setup would be just about spot on.
I ran a bit of rubbish off the driveway through her and if I didn't dump great heaps in, it seemed to clear pretty well.
Had to point the slot straight up. The water just bubbles over fairly flat. If the slot points to the side at all, the water seems to flow out a little too easy with the main flow undulating back and forth across the slot. I suspect the slot could have been narrower, maybe 1/4" rather than close to 1/2 as I have it.
That piping setup I suspect would be ok for 3,000gph, but could probably do with a rubber flap over it to smooth it out.
The Boss looks to need about 4" to 5" fall over it's length with this setup.
This arrangement would work well on one of the small MacKirks I suspect.

Anyway, we'll give it a bash this Saturday.

Going to the powerline crossing in Sailors Ck. There's still plenty of good holes there. Water was still just flowing across the crossing last week. Some of us are meeting at the Daylesford Bakery for a coffee at 8.30 then heading out about 9.00.

Might see you there.

Cheers, Ron.

Gee! Nice set up Ron good luck! Keen to hear how it goes tomorrow, all the best out there. Am able to sneak away on Monday and do a bit myself in another nice little spot i found! will have to bucket my concentrates out though and sluice off in another river :( :( will try and post some photos of my finds ( gee am sounding confident!) happy Aussie day to everyone! Have another beer! Cheers

Latest posts