AlgoForce E1500 - NEW PI DETECTOR FROM EX MINELAB ENGINEER

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this machine is worth experimenting with the pinpoint mode in those situations. There’s something about PP that filters emi better as well. To compensate for the lack of depth in PP mode you could probably crank up the gain without upsetting the stability too much. I’ll have to see how effective it is when I get a chance on some hot ground.

Make sure you swing slowly in pinpoint mode, although most prospectors do, and obviously pinpoint goes out of whack every once in a while but easy to fix with a single button press. You can detect in pinpoint mode though, pretty interesting thing to experiment with and can be beneficial in some situations.

I've used pinpoint mode for finding coins, you do lose a little depth but you can crank the gain higher to compensate a bit.

As for lead pellets being hard targets, they often come up 00 even larger pellets, whereas gold rarely does, yes some very small gold does, a piece of gold weighing less than a pellet will come up with a greater number due to the spherical shape of the pellet being more difficult to detect, so in a heavy pellet area you can safely ignore pellets checking ID's knowing that the gold you do miss will be absolutely tiny, weighing less than the pellets you're rejecting. Pellets that are not lead are going to often read higher than 00, so all bets are off then.

The Target ID's are offering a new potential tool we haven't had in the past with a PI and I'm sure we will soon see this on other brands too, they won't want left behind.

I really like the Algo, yes, it's not a GPZ or 6000 but offers features they don't, and when it comes to bang for the buck it'd unrivalled. I see someone that owns an earlier GPX model benefitting the most, they can share coils and have its strong points completement their GPX very well, it will hit smaller gold, it will hit specimen type gold that the earlier GPX models miss, and it has the features like Target ID and it's insane ability to run in high EMI environment's the GPX series including the latest and greatest have no hope of handling, I can run the Algo in my lounge room at high sensitivity for testing with a mono coil no problems at all, try that with the GPX detectors.

I can see it being a valuable tool in the toolkit for many, espeically with it's price.

Latest posts