Advice on coin popping coins

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSellin

Brent
Reaction score
Well tomorrow I go coin shooting to a spot I love and dread. Its a market place beside the beach so I get to do a nice early beach walk followed by a walk in the grassy area where the stalls were. Downside is the grass is some mutant crab grass and so thick and evil that I swear the council or some government planted it there to make coin popping a nightmare.

Anyone got advice on coin popping coins out of evil grass and roots? I found if I use a screwdriver and instead of getting under the object and popping, or leveraging up, to drive the driver deeper than required and do a 180 rotate from one side of the grass to the other tearing a small line in the grass and roots. And then do a coin pop as the roots are cut a bit and out of the way. Once done fold both side of grass into itself so no one knows I was there.

But, like I said anyone know a good way to pop coins with evil government thick grass and grass roots?

I use an abalone pry bar. Its got a great cerated edge on one side great for cutting thick kikuyu grass and levering. Great tool. I am worried how it looks though but i make a great effort to keep it hidden from the public eye.

Latest posts