Adelong Gold :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedWaz

Warren
Reaction score
My results from at Adelong today. I put approximately six buckets through my sluice, so there is still some gold in them hills. I am pleased with this result as it is the first day i had gone to this particular spot on the creek.. :)

1380447608_dsc_01971.jpg

Has anyone else tried out Adelong Creek before?

well done mate, i once owned a property on the creek there! but never
thought to look for gold! funny how long we live and how things change.

Good to see the creek still holds some colour :)
Last time i was there i couldn't find i single speck and that was with 10 buckets...
Lookin forward to my next trip up that way though, got permission to check a farm nearby :D

Thanks everyone. I believe that there is still a bit of gold there, just gotta look a bit. Would be great to get on a farm that the creek runs through good luck Garnet.. I will definitely be back there again, as it's only 90km away. ;)

Oh nice not far for you then, i WISH i was that close to a gold field lol.
Not sure if this farm is on a creek or not but the owner knows for certain there is gold there, had a landslide last year after heavy rain and found a two grammer just sitting on the rubble so Im thinking me AT gold might just find its first nugget ;)

WickedWaz said:
Thanks everyone. I believe that there is still a bit of gold there, just gotta look a bit. Would be great to get on a farm that the creek runs through good luck Garnet.. I will definitely be back there again, as it's only 90km away. ;)
Great gold there WickedWaz. Adelong creeks was the first creek I ever got gold from. Not sure how though because looking back now I was real green and digging in the middle of the creek on a straight. Go figure but anyway the river is kind and i pulled some gold. I like to go below the Adelong stock yards - plenty of places to dig behind exposed bedrock and still plenty of gold over the whole length of the river. It's just a shame that most of it is so water worn and flat... I still go there all the time and with my new Walbanker get a lot more than the early days. There's a couple of videos on YouTube of other people scoring gold on the river.

And Garnet, your a lucky man!!!

hi guys, I had a bit of a look there when driving through, there did nit seem to b any where obvious that u can access creek exept in town, I had caravan on back so was limited. Are there many areas that u can prospect there that are not private land ?

Here is today's effort. Hello Tige, welcome to the forum. There is a dew places to get access like The Mill ruins, bridges, the Camp Grounds and TSR's.
This is from about 8 buckets worth.
DSC_0265_zps60bb414c.jpg
DSC_0247_zps0db688fe.jpg

Been doing some (a lot) of research on Batlow and Adelong to find locations to run the 5000. Laurel Hill and Tumbarumba are close by as well and have been doing a bit with no joy yet....... Getting a bit cold here to hit the creeks and I can't find any State forests or Crown land around Adelong. Anyone got any clues?

Latest posts