Acidity of bark chip ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally69

Paul
Reaction score
Had a quick lap of a playground I have not hit before that showed promise as I picked up several gold sun bakers after a storm the other day.

Not a bad tally but think someone has hit the surface in between as these ones were a bit deeper an look like they have been there a while....or has the acidity of the bark hip accelerated the weathering???? What do you think.

1396866628_image.jpg

Geez that quarter is smacked up! I've never dug a quarter that came out like that and I've (surprisingly) dug a few!

Ben78 said:
Geez that quarter is smacked up! I've never dug a quarter that came out like that and I've (surprisingly) dug a few!

Just looked at dates, 20c is 2013 and golds are a couple of years old, so must be the chip.

Quarter is 1977 so it must have had an interesting life, this is about the tenth one I have picked up locally.

Decomposing plant matter does create Humic Acid, could be the bark or fertilisers. Some Yank must be walking around with a hole in his pocket lol.

Latest posts