Access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day All,

I was wondering has anyone had problems with access ?

The other day I approached three property owners to seek permission for detecting ,,,VERY Frosty receptions ,but the common denominator was in the nock backs Wait For It......................... the dreaded OH&S due to the extinction of the species known as Responsibility along with it's mate Common Sense, Lets hope these were one off's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards L/R

Perhaps if you took out you own public liability and accident insurance and presented that to the land holder too??

G,day All,

I Sort of broached the subject ,But the answer was still the same ...Theres the Gate watch it don't hit Ya in the A # $ e on Ya way out ! It's spose to be a hobby not a legal and financial contract session ! I just hope it doesn't end up a hobby governed by pollies or judges because there will a dollar figure put on us like fishing and hunting ect,

Regards L/R

Here is an indemnity form someone on another forum made up.
I have not asked to get on private property yet but have a couple of copys in the car just in case.
Liability Release Form For Prospecting On Private Property

INDEMNITY AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

I / we, the undersigned, for the privilege of entering on the premises and real property more particularly described as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
, do hereby release the owners and persons in possession or their agents of the above described premises from any liability whatsoever which any injury whatsoever that the undersigned may incur whether to person or property from entering upon the above described premises and further agree to indemnify and save harmless the owners and persons in possession or their agents from any loss, damage, or expense arising from the claim or demand of any person to or against the owners and persons in possession or their agents of or directly or indirectly as a result of any injury or property to the undersigned incurred upon the above described premises.
I / we also agree to and do state to leave the premises as found when entering there onto. There will be no litter or dug holes left and all gates will be left as found. Any further request by the owners and persons in possession or their agents of the above described premises will be honored.
Signed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

G,day shivan ,Many thank for the form ,,,,,If all else fails ..face paint and cammo's Na just joking !!!!! How do You find the extreme I've been offered one but I am hesitant because some of the early tests inferred that quality control may not have been so good . I am after a machine to start golding with !!!!!

Regards L/R

G'day LR, I too had heard about the chattery extreme's before I got mine and was a little cautious. I have to say iam pleased with it so far. It does seem to be noisier than the 4500 and 5000 I have seen but I guess that is a given. I have managed to detect a 0.1g bit at 1-2" so it will still find the small bits. The biggest thing I find against it is pinpointing once you have started digging the hole. It feels like you really need some room to move the coil in the hole rather than on the better models you seem to be able to dip the coil into the hole. Doing this I my extreme seems to lead to a false signal sometimes.
Saying all that I have not used my detector anywhere near as much as I should have and there are a lot of settings iam still learning.

G,day shivan

Good call ,As I live Cessnock I have a good 3 plus hours drive to the gold areas ,hence not being flushed with cash plus the drive. How many $$$$$$$ can One justify spending ,I have full admiration for those who can afford the 4500 $ 5000 S And anyway I would like to keep prospecting as a hobby and not have to worry about My outlay . So I may be looking for an older detector,

Regards L/R

Just get the best one you can afford, as Shivan said you can still find the small bits and more
than likely will be happy with the unit. Having a 5000 won't make the gold appear, I know that. :)
It's probably just a lot more refined.

Latest posts