About time!?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rather than be one of those stalkers who just gleans information from this forum i decided to join this crazy bunch of fossickers!
Living in Ferntree Gully Victoria, lovely part of the world and my journey in to all things shiny and gold has engulfed me like a parasite with a thirst for blood.

Was looking at a Faceting machine on Ebay and thought i would link, cracked me up for the longest tirade of information, try read it if you want a chuckle
Actually scratch that apparently can't link it until i have made 10 posts....I'll post a link as soon as i get there! Best Ebay read i have had.

Welcome to the forum Salutations. It's a good crowd here and as you would have already seen, the members go out of their way to be of assistance to fellow members. Gold can certainly hold a huge attraction, and once you get on the path of hunting it, the journey can lead you to more than gold itself can offer.

Sounds like you also get a few gemstones in your travels, and faceting can be a very rewarding hobby when you can cut the stones you found yourself.

All the very best of luck with it, and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Maybe this one. 8)
Not a real way of selling. LOL
Oh, Welcome to the wonderfull world of digging heaps of holes, etc. :lol:

WalnLiz said:
Welcome to the forum Salutations. It's a good crowd here and as you would have already seen, the members go out of their way to be of assistance to fellow members. Gold can certainly hold a huge attraction, and once you get on the path of hunting it, the journey can lead you to more than gold itself can offer.

Sounds like you also get a few gemstones in your travels, and faceting can be a very rewarding hobby when you can cut the stones you found yourself.

All the very best of luck with it, and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Thank you good sir, can see that you put a lot of time, effort and consideration, not to mention patience into so many different topics. Also looking forward to chats on the forum with yourself and others, with all the new knowledge comes a raft of questions! I will do my best to add to what i believe is some of the most functional active and perhaps friendly forums i have encountered ( well just from stalker view anyway ) to make this a more prosperous place.

Tathradj said:
Maybe this one. 8)
Not a real way of selling. LOL
Oh, Welcome to the wonderfull world of digging heaps of holes, etc. :lol:
Exactly the one!
I got through that massive disclaimer but absolutely lost it when he threw in The Man from Snowy River by Banjo Patterson at the end.
The Faceting machine actually looks pretty well loved too...

Beagleboy said:
G'day mate. You don't live that far away from me. Good luck with your new "addiction". :)
Cheers Beagleboy it is a nice part of the world! Look forward to chatting amongst the forums. Seems like a pretty wholesome healthy addiction to have :)

Salutations said:
Rather than be one of those stalkers who just gleans information from this forum i decided to join this crazy bunch of fossickers!
Living in Ferntree Gully Victoria, lovely part of the world and my journey in to all things shiny and gold has engulfed me like a parasite with a thirst for blood.

Was looking at a Faceting machine on Ebay and thought i would link, cracked me up for the longest tirade of information, try read it if you want a chuckle
Actually scratch that apparently can't link it until i have made 10 posts....I'll post a link as soon as i get there! Best Ebay read i have had.

here is the Ebay link I was also very amused- this bloke also has a diamond saw for sale as well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Faceting...APIDARY-/271649140446?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lapidary...94?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item41898824fa

cracka said:
How did this get on ebay with words like NIGGARDLY and fat chick?

Cracka
Niggardly sounds much worse than it actually is, it is like being stingy or miserly....Fat chick in context could be insulting to any number of larger ladies though i guess....I would say he got away with it because they never read it all. Ebay team TL:DR Too Long: Didn't read

AtomRat said:
Gday mate, welcome to the forums :) I am close-by as well, I live over towards Yarra Junction
Thanks AtomRat, gorgeous area you live in mate, look forward to chatting around the forums :)

Not too bad out your direction either mate, will be heading over to Gembrook and Cardinia a few times through the year to look for some gems if you are interested. Get them 10 posts so you can PM me if you like

Jaros said:
Hi Salutations. I hope you enjoy the forum like the rest of us. Good luck with the faceting as well as in general.
Jack
Thanks Jaros i seem to have a list of growing interests, this forum is sure helping them multiply.... So many ideas, never enough time or money, but a plan or dream begins to take shape. It's all about the process!

Salutations said:
cracka said:

Cracka
Niggardly sounds much worse than it actually is, it is like being stingy or miserly....Fat chick in context could be insulting to any number of larger ladies though i guess....I would say he got away with it because they never read it all. Ebay team TL:DR Too Long: Didn't read
Having read his tirade i think HE has a "problem".
I think he looks into the mirror while he talks and records his mumblings for posterity, so that he can sit back and say hear hear!! to himself.
Such crap shouldn't be tolerated on Ebay, Gumtree maybe---more bogannish.
Phew!!! :8

Jaros said:
Salutations said:
cracka said:

Cracka
Having read his tirade i think HE has a "problem".
I think he looks into the mirror while he talks and records his mumblings for posterity, so that he can sit back and say hear hear!! to himself.
Such crap shouldn't be tolerated on Ebay, Gumtree maybe---more bogannish.
Phew!!! :8
Ego is a funny thing! I actually find him hard to not like....He put a lot of thought into that garbled speech, our politicians should take note :p

Got a horrible sense of dejavu regarding forum changes, is it standard to be reading a post and all of a sudden it is closed for commentry?
Can see the heart and sole of the forums jumping ship, have seen this with another forum i was in, changed hands and all sorts of crazy stuff happened, the "feel" of the place was forever tarnished. I really hope this is not the same, perhaps i have just joined at a weird time overall...

Bahahaha I missed that ebay listing the first time around, that is pure good. That should be the template. I'm still laughing.

Latest posts