About me!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been fossicking with my family since I was an anklebiter and it was way back then that I contracted rock fever.

If you can see through it, I want to dig for it!

My passion is sapphires, although I've never found anything good enough to really brag about.. what a shame.. my best was a beautiful light green party that cut to 0.5ct.

Our hunting grounds used to be Rubyvale and we've dug for more stone types around Australia than I can list, but these days we head out Inverell and Glen Innes way. I'm always looking for the perfect spot so if you know of one, pretty please share! I'm trying my hardest to get my better half to catch the fever too! :D

I have 2 toddlers who are already obsessed with their Pa's rock collection and we are heading out for our first dig later this month.

Thanks for having me and I hope to meet some of you out in the field sometime! :party:

Hi rockgal and welcome to you and your family
Well i have some very bad news for you
There is no cure for this fever you have 8.(
I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions from people on here
Enjoy and stay safe

Hi 7.62marksman!

Thanks for the welcome!

Looking forward to being part of the group.

Welcome to the forum Rockgal. :D Never got to your neck of the woods for gems, but have pulled a lot of small pink sapphire and the odd garnet from Wee Jasper. I think the place is called McPherson's Ck. It is not far from the Goodradigbee River. Something to research for you if you ever intend on coming south. There are many more places down this way, I'm sure a search of the forum will give you a good idea or two. ;) cheers Rossco. :cool:

Latest posts