A visualization of the worlds money & financial nightmares .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This visualization is a way to show the crazy amount of the debt that's been created .
As you scroll down check the explanations on the right & try not to get upset :N:

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-money-markets-one-visualization-2017/

What does it all mean ? simple '' Our money is fiat money & all the rest of the worlds money is the same !
It's not real money :eek:
Fiat money is currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but it is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material from which the money is made.

Start getting ready boys & girls for a reset as the burst is getting closer .
8.(

I'm actually of the mind that a bit of rock bottom would be great for me. Can hunt, fish, grow, forage, and keep warm without spending one cent more than I already have.

The goal is to go completely off grid, so if the status quo can just keep up for about 12 months that would be mighty handy.

The bloke next door keeps laughing at me about my bio diesel, free range chooks, and earth mound insulation, but rip his wires out and turn the fuel supply off and old mate will feel the right goose.

In Fiat terms, full mod cons I figure I could (but wont) live off about the current Newstart fortnightly once it's all done, but wouldn't starve or freeze on next to nothing.With my time left left over that im currently spending on being employed for wages Id have heaps of days/weeks/months to flip rocks for shiny pieces.

Not sure how the medical pans out in a global financial meltdown but if the time comes I guess we shall see.

Outback said:
MJB said:
get debt free as soon as possible

Yep ' & buy real assets with your fiat money whilst it's still excepted :)
How does that work exactly? Obviously gold would be useless for the purpose considering the tiny amount in existence relative to everything else. And when the crash occurs and most people are broke, are they going to buy that house, car or jewellery asset that you have put your money into? If no one else has money to buy, their prices will crash. Their value, like a fiat currency, will be artificial in the short term, perhaps not so bad in the long term (obviously those with something physical at least have a potential asset in the longer term or you can barter my can of petrol for your eggs....).

And how many people buy a house on the spot...no, they get a loan in a fiat currency.

Newstart? What broke government has Newstart.?

There don't seem to be simple answers.....

Under a major style crash i don,t think real estate will hold much value.
ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL GO BROKE OVERNIGHT! :eek: :N: :(
Law and order will be out of control, gun battles will occur in the streets, buildings will be burnt to the ground.

Those with a stock pile of Gold, Silver etc that is hidden will do OK when things are on the mend after a significant period of unrest.
Cities will be the WORSE place to be i assure you.

That did not occur in the 1890s or 1930s when that occurred - although it contributed to the rise of Hitler and others. 100% crashes do not occur (that would require nothing to be worth anything).

I have worked in three countries where the currency lost more than 90% of its value, and other countries have gone bankrupt. Just default on your foreign debt, and life goes on internally - miserably, but it goes on.

I would say put your money into good productive land but then you can still be kicked off it. Having something worth something is one thing but how you are going to defend it is anouther. Hope it never gets that bad.

goldierocks said:
That did not occur in the 1890s or 1930s when that occurred - although it contributed to the rise of Hitler and others. 100% crashes do not occur (that would require nothing to be worth anything).

I have worked in three countries where the currency lost more than 90% of its value, and other countries have gone bankrupt. Just default on your foreign debt, and life goes on internally - miserably, but it goes on.

If you look for it there is tons of information on the internet about a possible BIG FINANCIAL GLOBAL MELTDOWN.
It all sounds fairly scary considering what may happen, and here in the Lucky country we are likely to be effected by outside external events that
may have negative effects on our way of life, freedom and economic systems.

I am not 100 % sure of absolute destruction that would make life like in the later Mad Max movies though.
I suspect our financial and taxation system could be the worst hit by any disaster.

I would expect the Welfare system tho go into complete shutdown, i could see all taxes and charges rise significantly to pay for far less government services that what we have now. I would expect any industry that survives on average people having a little spare cash to crash, ( i.e. Motels & Holiday resorts, wine and dine industry), to vanish into thin air.
We would end up with a Marxism, Communist Military style government, failure to pay your taxes would result in your personal property been seized etc.

Oh and you would see all the money in Superannuation been seized by the government for sure.

Lets hope we don,t get there? Though Western Governments are spending and borrowing against future generations and its unsustainable. :eek: :(

Overreacting. Relax.

Since I stopped watching the news , I'm happier. Nothing but doom and gloom , which sells.

Anything important then someone will tell me , but as for all these "the end is nigh" stories....no thanks.

Outback said:
This visualization is a way to show the crazy amount of the debt that's been created .
As you scroll down check the explanations on the right & try not to get upset :N:

What does it all mean ? simple '' Our money is fiat money & all the rest of the worlds money is the same !
Fiat money is currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but it is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material from which the money is made.

8.(

I'll save up some pickle jars for you mate.

Doom is on. :)

You a GLP'er Outback? If you know GLP you'll know what I mean. ;) :D

While Im not a doom and gloomer I try to be realistic. At some point in the future there will be more financial pain for those not prepared. I feel now for the younger people who are mortgaged to the hilt with low interest rates. Most on here probably remember rates up around 18 to 20 percent back in late eightys. I hate to think what would happen nowadays if it happened again. Yes in the past theres been depressions and people have survived and came out the other end. The question I ask is how tough were those back then compared to now?

Bjay said:
While Im not a doom and gloomer I try to be realistic. At some point in the future there will be more financial pain for those not prepared. I feel now for the younger people who are mortgaged to the hilt with low interest rates. Most on here probably remember rates up around 18 to 20 percent back in late eightys. I hate to think what would happen nowadays if it happened again. Yes in the past theres been depressions and people have survived and came out the other end. The question I ask is how tough were those back then compared to now?

You're still better off with todays property prices and interest rates compared to the much lower 1980s property prices and high interest rates.

As for feeling any sorrow for anyone thats mortgaged themselves to the eyeballs, I have zero sympathy. They've taken that road on their own choice so up to them.

Unfortunately low interest rates feed debt. Banks love feeding debt,they get rich off it. Me Im happy with no dept no alfresco dining area, no movie room and no pretensions.

This year i was able to save up over two years and lashed out on a replacement central gas heater unit as the old one died two winters ago!
I doubt many would be willing to go two winters without heating these days! Felt like a Miner in Alaska who got frozen into his hut.

No global warming here.

Im probably completely wrong but it seems to me especially with younger people now that theres a huge emphasis on trying to have the best of everything,whilst losing the fact that material possessions arent the road to happiness.

Heatho said:
Outback said:

8.(

Thanks for the offer of the jars but you may need them :)

Don't know what GLP is ?

Outback said:
Heatho said:
Outback said:

8.(

Thanks for the offer of the jars but you may need them :)

Don't know what GLP is ?

No worries mate. :)

GLP conspiracy forum. :Y: Don't go there though everyone is mad and angry, a total free for all. :( Plenty of threads about this topic though.