A question to the computer gurus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If it is so easy to find info and crack peoples passwords as Marksman stated, why is it that the criminal element hasnt already cleaned out all our bank accounts, stollen all our identities and taken our investments. ?
Sorry Just looking for some clarity as I know stuff all bout puter stuff.

Sorry maybe i should have said it deleate all paswords on the computer HOWEVER you have to be sitting at the computer
A mate of mine had 20k taken from his account while talking on the phone to a call centre but they were hackers not a call centre and hacked all his bank details off his phone while they were talking for all the idiots that think i am full of s47t drop me a pm and i will give you his name and number so you can call him yourself and ask him
Took him 6m to get his money back off the bank
So if you know what you are doing its easy
If you dont know its happening then you loose money and your id
Most phones can be opened without a password BUT you loose all info numbers photos etc it takes it back to factory settings and then you have a clean phone change the sim card job done

If you put the wrong passphrase in my phone 3 times it scans your face and id's you then sends your face pic to the appropriate database. Just after that it deletes all the data on the phone and as a final measure the phone is set to self ignite and burn to an ash.
Just like that tape recorded message in the old mission impossible shows. ;)

Criminals are cleaning out accounts online. It's a billion dollar a year game. I Saw 1 show on it and the crims were driving down streets , parking and hacking home Wi-Fi passwords and getting into bank accounts that way. Cops caught them in the end. Interesting watch, was on YouTube but can't remember the shows name.

If the hackers have installed a key locker they get your password anyhow.
i did a total reinstall on Windows 7 and even the Windows update had a virus in it.
Now i install a virus protection prior any Windows up dates.
Bloody Hackers.

First thing a thief has to do is convince you to click on some thing.
This installs a small back door piece of software.
If you answer yes to any changes, You have given permission to
that piece of software to operate.

Yes, You can bypass password protection on a Windows machine.
You have to be sitting in front of the machine and know how to do it.
It will not work using remote software like Team viewer or such.
But, A thief using this means can and will install silent remote software
like key loggers that runs in the back ground that you cannot see.

Have a look on Youtube for Scam Busters. Some of that is hilarious
what they do but please, It is illegal in Australia to interfere with
another person's computer or cause damage/data loss.

Summing up, A decent tech can recover data using other means but
actually by passing password protection willy nilly is a big no no in
the industry.

You can lose all credibility and leave yourself wide open to privacy breach's.

I stumbled onto a Disc cleaner Darick`s boot & nuke. Dban.
Back then you would burn to iso disc to use.
Many viruses can pop up later on if you just recover the disc even a total re-instal.
The were many options available to clean the disc like Canadian Mounty Police,NY Police Dept,CIA, American Defense Force & others they use to delete data.
I preferred the option that Zeros the hard drive disc 0-0-0 instead of 0-1-0.
It is or was a great tool for totally reinstall.
Probably still is just not shore with PC`s now in Solid state.
Picked up a horrible virus called Web Cake 3.
Very difficult to remove that was & i panicked changing all my bank account numbers even my IP address.
but like everything now a days more & more complicated.
Also if i hear my PC running hard ( noisy ) i sometimes open Task Manager & see what is running High CPU just in case some thing is not right.
Identifying what programs are legit is something else.

Upside said:
Criminals are cleaning out accounts online. It's a billion dollar a year game. I Saw 1 show on it and the crims were driving down streets , parking and hacking home Wi-Fi passwords and getting into bank accounts that way. Cops caught them in the end. Interesting watch, was on YouTube but can't remember the shows name.
Apparently they can tune a receiver into an unprotected cable going from the PC to the monitor (electro magnetic frequency)... but only short range like parking outside in a van. What they see is what is displayed on your screen.... has no effect upon your computer, but if your doing internet banking or logging on they would be able to see (and record what you type) as it shows on your screen
:D

Bush said:
i did a total reinstall on Windows 7 and even the Windows update had a virus in it.
Now i install a virus protection prior any Windows up dates. Windows 7 has not been supported for many years.
Bloody Hackers.
Windows 7 is one of biggest risk. Easy to hack. Its a 10 year old operating system that has more holes than swiss cheese. My advice either disconnect from internet or upgrade to a safer os. But really the greatest risk is the operator. They continue to give out private confidential info. A key is only as good as where and how it is stored

HoudiniHarry said:
Bush said:
Now i install a virus protection prior any Windows up dates. Windows 7 has not been supported for many years.
Bloody Hackers.
Windows 7 is one of biggest risk. Easy to hack. Its a 10 year old operating system that has more holes than swiss cheese. My advice either disconnect from internet or upgrade to a safer os. But really the greatest risk is the operator. They continue to give out private confidential info. A key is only as good as where and how it is stored

Yes that was back then but in my opinion W7 was better than W8 but apparently 8 had a good feature or 2 but `i` never owned one.
With W10 you cannot choose which updates you want or disengage it completely like W7 or XP.
A mate uses W7 with no updates & his machine works just fine `i` don`t think he even has updated the drivers.
In fact some Windows PC`s retailed even today are just W7 updated to W10.
`i` some times think that these updates is just Big Brother checking you out.
Personally i prefer a manual than an Automatic any day just like my vehicles.
Edit ; sorry i forgot to mention Vista.
Also further more ;
As far as All these people being hacked at a loss and inconvenience how is it that Big Brother ,Interpol and CIA ect can locate Terrorist yet they cannot locate these fraudulent hackers did i say cannot.

Disk Nke Programs. Disk Nukem is a favourite.

Down load a Linux boot disk and create a dc/dvd,

Boot it on the disk then run the program.

Select 4 pass,s.

Takes a long time but
The data is unrecoverable.

Not even the high end stuff I have will recover any thing.

Bush said:
I stumbled onto a Disc cleaner Darick`s boot & nuke. Dban.
Back then you would burn to iso disc to use.
Many viruses can pop up later on if you just recover the disc even a total re-instal.
The were many options available to clean the disc like Canadian Mounty Police,NY Police Dept,CIA, American Defense Force & others they use to delete data.
I preferred the option that Zeros the hard drive disc 0-0-0 instead of 0-1-0.
It is or was a great tool for totally reinstall.
Probably still is just not shore with PC`s now in Solid state.
Picked up a horrible virus called Web Cake 3.
Very difficult to remove that was & i panicked changing all my bank account numbers even my IP address.
but like everything now a days more & more complicated.
Also if i hear my PC running hard ( noisy ) i sometimes open Task Manager & see what is running High CPU just in case some thing is not right.
Identifying what programs are legit is something else.

When i used it last & so many options i used the zeroing method a few times over just to make shore it did the trick.
Layer upon layer so to speak.
Other options like twist or entangled seemed pretty good.
Boot & Nuke i bet a few on here would like that hey.lol
D-ban. :Y: by Darick nice Nerd. :Y:
Some thing else i`m trying to think i sent to him even had him stuffed as i loaded the same hard drive onto the same but another xp.
i`ll sleep on it.

OK Question Please ?
Is the PC password stored in the Hard Drive / Mother Board or the Bios . :(

Depends on a few things but
generally in the nv ram on the MBO.

BIOS is read of the eprom,
Settings and such are stored in NV Ram that can be rewritten too.

Bios reset generally with a jumper, small switch or remove the cmos battery.

Bush said:
OK Question Please ?
Is the PC password stored in the Hard Drive / Mother Board or the Bios . :(

Yeh ! what that was i sent to Darick was i cleaned the disc HD a few times with Dban then reinstalled it into another PC.
When this PC was booted up it wanted the password off of the other PC just made me think more on the subject at the time.
Also flushing the Bios you also need as you said removing the bios battery but also short the terminals on the PC Bios battery and let it drain out for a couple of days.
`i` did Flash the Bios in a PC once don`t think i would do it again.
When it booted up it would leave a blank screen and using the Enter Key was the only way to make the screen active.

Funny people don`t realize that Pc`s are like a Human Brain.
Sometimes a De Frag works.
Sometimes just a Recovery.
Some People need a Total Re install.
But Folks clean up your Desk Top Please. :)

Sorry Edit;
The Cleaned HD Disc still retained the old password as i said i swapped the HD to the other PC and it wanted the other PC`s password.
How that is possible i have no idea Darick back then didn`t have the answer either.
That`s about All i know on this Subject.
Nice to Share. :Y:

So I guess all of the above means that its not a good idea to stick a fork in the power point. Lucky I dont have a putter.

Latest posts