A few pennies!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been detecting 2 days in a row didn't go this arvo because of storms. The first arvo I think I struck a rubbish dump,only covered about a mtr square but amongst the rubbish I found these, 1933 penny, 1948 penny,1917 penny,1952 penny,1946 half penny and a 1917 half penny, not bad for an hour.
1409129574_step0001_1.jpg

The second afternoon I went there for an hour and found another 5 coins. 2 x 1952 pennies, 1945 penny,1936 half penny and a 1950 half penny.
This is a big area so I'm hoping to turn up some silver as well.
:) Mick

How did you go with it Axeman,...I'd say there was an old car wreck dumped there,...that is until someone decided it was still worth money and hauled it away, leaving just the junk and coins lost from people working on retrieving parts while it was still lying there. If you get an ID on the water pump part you would have an idea of what car was there and from the youngest coin the approximate time the car could have been dumped(at least no earlier than 1952-1953),...you would have to look at the wear and tear on the 1952 pennies to ascertain how long they may have been in circulation,... look for a local in a car club who has the same type of car as the water pump reveals, and you will then (maybe) have a source of information about what happened to the body that's not still sitting their rusting and maybe even a clue as to who lost those very coins.
I know it's a bit of a long shot,....but stranger things have happened AM.

Latest posts