A BIG Thank You to Westaus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says....
Thanks Westaus for the time you spent putting together the training package ...
Very well presented very informative ...thanks heaps

Also good to put faces to the names.....
Westaus, Goldseaker, grubstake ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Here, here - I'll second that!

I was amazed by the quantity and detail of WA historic, topographic, geological and tenement info that's freely available online. The trick is knowing how to access and utilise it and Westaus gave us the tools and showed us how to put them to best use.

Good on ya, Mate - it was time and money well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

:8 Thanks guys, yes it was a great day. I am glad you got something from it and felt it was worthwhile. I look forward to hearing about your next big finds.

Hi Goldtruck, always happy to help people for sure, this was a paid training session though, and it went into a fair bit of detail. As I have always said it is all freely available on the web, I just save you some time and be there to help you when you get stuck and a little confused, which everyone was grateful for at some stage throughout the session.

In saying that, the biggest tip is to keep it simple and focus on an area rather than the whole state or region. Once you have this, then drill down to specifics, old locations and rock structures. Otherwise you will be inundated with data, believe me there is more data than you know what to do with.

A common mistake is not working the correct layer to get the data you want, so make sure if you want data on tenements that you are on the tenement layer. Also making sure that your datum's are setup correctly on all devices so you end up in the right position and so on...

That may seem silly, but they are useful tips. Trust me. If you would like something specific, let me know. If you are local then come along and attend a session I am sure you will benefit.

Cheers

Westaus

Latest posts