3 days of detecting around Adelaide

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my total haul for 3 days of detecting multiple sites. My mate pulled basically the same amount in moderns, few pres, no silvers.

e1er.jpg

$74.20 odd in moderns

Pre's/misc are:

1947 FLORIN
1953 Rams head Shilling
Destroyed 1936 COA Penny
1924 COA Penny x 2
1950 Roo Penny
1953 Roo Penny
1957 Roo Penny
1962 Roo Penny
UK 1863 Penny
UK 1866 Penny
Bent 925 Ring
Lead little man
1971 Mazda RX 500 (well whats left of it)
50 WON (Korean)
NZ 2c

+ a heap of other stuff i didnt photograph- lead sinkers spill, few buttons, old belt buckle, handle of a silver spoon etc

looks like you both had a great time..makes you wonder how many millions are laying around just waiting for someone to swing a detector over it.?...good haul of pre decimals as well..

Nah majority were playground finds and/or dirt with no grass. Its almost impossible to cut plugs in SA this time of year

i got a old Xterra 70 with a 3khz coil and garrett pro pointer. My main aim is pre's but thinking i should whack the 18khz DD back on to help me with some moderns and not go so deep!

Hi Angre, Never mind making or taking plugs mate. I went out this afternoon and fairdinkum, the ground up here on the Yorke Peninsula is as hard as. No way I'd get a plug out without about 3" of rain on the ground I was at. Its ok for the fossickers from the wetter states but here???????? Anyway as long as we fill our holes, alls good. Keep swingin' mate.
Oh and by the way, my new ATX has arrived so that's what I've been using. Really happy with it. Its a bit heavier than the Scorpian and the sling that comes with the detector isn't much chop so I went back to my purpose built and sewn sling I made for the Scorpian.