2013 finds - Scoopa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice on scoop, :cool:

went up,to old school this avo and found a 20mm shell casing and a silver badge with inscription and two pennies and a half one. :) got to shed to take picture.

1371451710_image.jpg

1371451924_image.jpg

1371451866_image.jpg

Catch up soon :D

Hey great work goldbuzz. Love the little shield with the hallmarks. Good one to research. When for a swing this arvo at a new place. Struck out. Needs a little more home work on the sight.

Hey scoopa, nice find! Just a question. Was your target location out near Largs? I detected a sight out that way and got a great spill of 42 three pence and 4 six pence. I think they must have been in an old glass bottle that had been smashed. Because there was a fair bit of glass amongst them. Most of them were from the same year. Great fine tho!

Glad to see there is still some good things in east maitland ;)

Posts like these are good to read on a nice sunday morning, makes you want to get out there and go looksee

Great morning for a park hunt at a new location. Only had time for 2 hours how ever didn't do to bad. Found a 1942 Florin, 1942 Schilling. 9 Australian Pennies from 1916 to 1962. $6.40 in moderns and 12 X 1 & 2 cents (I hate these things. They rate with pull tabs). That's 30 coins in total! The junk was on the light side. The place has plenty of promise as I only got about a tenth of it covered. Sorry I can't up load the photos I've taken but my sons seem to have 'misplaced' the usb cable for the camera. As soon as it magically appears I'll attached the photo's. Going for a swing tomorrow at another place which to date has given up over 170 coins (Both pre-decimal and modern). I'll keep you posted!

Scooper - I note you use a garrett pro pointer - ever used it on mineralised ground? I often wonder how they would go on mullock heaps.

Great stuff scoopa, iv got a few spots picked out but just gotta find the time to get away from the kids and wife :p

Good to read other peoples finds to get more motivated.

KEep us posted

Great finds scoopa!! I'd be keen to head out for a detect with ya one time. I've got some good spots to check out, so if your interested ill catch up with ya one time in a couple of weeks as I'm heading to grafton for studies. Keep up the great work. :)

1375605329_1876.jpg
1375605364_1876a.jpg
1375605378_1876b.jpg

Finally found the usb cable, apparently Mr NO BODY had it! Went out for three hours this morning. Abit windy but still a great morning. I was able to pull 48 coins from the ground. Oldest coin was an English schilling dated 1872 but it was very worn. Australian coins: 11 pennies between 1912 to 1948, 11 half pennies between 1933 to 1954, 3 X $2, 4 x $1, 2 X 20 cents. 14 1 & 2 cent pieces. Also found 1 mangled silver ring. This takes the total coins pulled from this one location to over 220 and it's still giving. I tried to get a photo of the English schilling but as you can see it's worn. Silvers were few and far between however the photos are of the total 5 hour hunt.

Wow! That a great haul. It's great when you can find a site that can keep on giving up the coins! Research is the key I think and being persistent.... Well done tho scoopa

Latest posts