2013 finds Jadenflair

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I finally got back from my studies in grafton and decided to take my new Garrett pro-pointer that i won out for a try. I was pretty keen to give it a go as I have wanted one for ages. So off to try a new spot with only 20 mins of light left in the afternoon. I managed to pick up the 50c and 20c quite quickly and I'm surprised how good the pro-pointer really is. Way easier than having to swing the detector back over the hole again if you just missed pin pointing it the first time. Then right before dark and on the way back to the car the detector picked up a high signal, excitedly I got down and used the pro-pointer , Bam out pops a 1944 penny! Just what the doctor ordered and not a scratch on it by me either, thanks to the forum once again for arranging such great prizes and I can't wait to see what the next full day of detecting will bring. :)

1376912504_image.jpg

Good luck to ya :D

I tried detecting an abandoned circa 1900 church in country NSW on Sunday but gave up when I decided it wasn't feasible without a pinpointer , my NF sadie 8 x 6 coil was ringing off its nut despite my efforts to tune it and I also didn't have a proper "plug trowel" , trying to use a small machete for the job was a nightmare but I did clean up the one hole I dug :)

So my first attempt at coin hunting with a GPX5000 was a disaster

Thankfully the rest of my trip away was positive in some good spots being found , access research carried out and some good people around .

All part of the learning curve

Great results mate, Pro-pointer's certainly make detecting a whole lot easier.

Thanks for reporting back.

Nugget.

Cheers guys, that Garrett Pro-pointer sure makes a difference!!! I don't think I'll ever be without it now :)

Finally got around to ask for permission to detect and old stagecoach area where it use to stop and pick up the mail. From the research I did it was on a main route that was heavily used! so me and a mate I took along were pretty excited to see what would pop up out of the ground. The site had never been detected before and this was shaping up to be a good hunt. My mate got of the mark with the first coin which was a 1942 penny, then I found a 1943 penny. After that the coins just started rolling in! My mate was on a roll with 3 silvers in a row with 2 threepence and 1 sixpence. I was busting for a silver but that didn't come till later in the day. I also wanted an 1800s coin, I swung over a signal and it was really jumpy, only to leave it and walk on. My mate came up behind me and found the signal and dug it, I couldn't believe it a 1897 English penny. Noooooo I left it there, goes to show you should dig it anyway if your unsure. We moved to another area and I got a cool old shield badge with could have been from sheriff or something. A quick break for lunch and after it was all said and done we managed to find 28 coins and exactly 14 each. What a great day and all because we just asked if we could have a detect. We thanked the land owner and gave her some coins and a few relics. She was over the moon. :) :) In the photo is my finds for the day, I'll post some better ones of the coins when I clean them up.
1377779426_image.jpg

1377779446_image.jpg

Some nice coins and relics there mate, days like that can be few and far between so well done.

Well done mate - your story and pictures are way better than the US Diggers TV program. Great to see you taking the chance on asking to go on private property - the worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Some beaut finds
Good onya for giving the lady some of ya treasure, hope she lets you back there for more of the same.

Very nice finds, some cool looking stuff there and the coins go all the way back!!

Looks like you picked up a nice ring there also!

Great work!

Thanks everyone. :) it certainly was one of those rare days when lots of goodies were popping out of the earth. The lady was very happy to receive some treasures and invited us back to do the old racecourse that she has on her property, so that will be interesting. I'll post again when we get the chance to go.
I wish we found a ring Tenounce tone but it was actually a ring pull, so I guess it was a ring of some sorts :D plus you never know unless you ask. Sometimes ya get that permission and away ya go!

Latest posts