2013 finds Arwon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AussieTreasureDigger said:
Arwon did your gold ship with the stock 5x8" ? i find that as good as any of the small coils

Yes, my AT Gold came with the standard coil, I may have a loose wire within the coil as last time out I was getting a lot of false readings and it appeared to become unstable when swing around and clipping rocks. The NEL coil does appear to me to be more stable than my Garrett coil in the same territory, in say that I am new to the hobby and still learning..

Arwon said:
but did find an old lead toy dog in the wall of the creek, he is missing one rear leg and tail, but a neat find. Can not see any markings on him to give me a date of manufacture so don't know how old it is.

There's a similar type crouching toy dog in this months GGT magazine (pg.21). It was in an area where the coins found mainly came from the mid 1940's so that may be some guide to date it?

woah! i like the dog find, thats pretty special, pitty there's no marks! Man i can't wait to get out there and find some random stuff too! :D

What is that dog made of? Because I found an elephant seal figurine made of lead not too long ago!

I found the NEL Sharpshooter to be an excellent size for general detecting duties, the stock concentric coil never went back on after fitting the NEL (on the Vaquero).

Latest posts