1880's tunnel relics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northoz

Mark
Reaction score
Not far from where I live is an old hand mined railway tunnel,circa 1880,

I found these yesterday with the CTX,there was a small miners camp near the tunnel during it's construction,there is a lot of long grass at the moment,so a lot of the area is still to be searched,

I have also sourced the area where the miners pub was,so that is my next spot to go over.

1413418067_001.jpg

2x steel rock wedges,a rail spike ,and a rivet,

the duck said:
if they went in molasses for a while come out like new
????? Something I didn't know.

Would it work on something like this .... an old chinese (was found with a chinese coin nearby) hammer/chisel or other mining tool, assume a wooden handle was attached to the centre 'prongs'.

1413442352_img_1115.jpeg

Cheers T.

I will give the molasses a go,sounds good,I had a swing around the old church in Mt Perry this arvo,but nothing substantial found,I am going back to Boolboonda tunnel in the morning,bit of luck I might snag some coin :D

Teemore said:
the duck said:
if they went in molasses for a while come out like new
????? Something I didn't know.

Would it work on something like this .... an old chinese (was found with a chinese coin nearby) hammer/chisel or other mining tool, assume a wooden handle was attached to the centre 'prongs'.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1413442352_img_1115.jpeg

Cheers T.

It might be the Chinese equivalent of what mining blokes use these days , referred to as a "chicken bar" , I can't find a google image of one but they are a punch with an anti-vibration handle attached

Latest posts