10,000 New Mining jobs for the immigrations 457 Work Visa Programme !!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/video/watch/mining-giant-bringing-10000-new-jobs/vp-AAlbiym?ocid=spartandhp Ok that was a bit steep I am guessing there will be a few vacancies for a selected few Aussie's like 2 or 3 ;) https://www.border.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/work-in-australia It does seem like the 457 visa's are pretty easy to get going by the statistics, so tell a friend who wants to come to Australia and enjoy a working vacation doing some mining that pays the big buck's in the Sunshine State of Queensland and good luck getting a job with them if your a local in the area :cool:

Dont even want to go there! .. This country is getting absolutely screwed day by day while we do sweet F all about it .. And then people have the hide to criticize Trump for trying to reclaim his country from this new world BS that is also turning our once great nation into garbage as well :(

Rant and political post over :(

RR,

The " 457 " is the visa that foreign workers are given to be able to work here in Australia ....
Not the number of foreign workers coming in to work....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim said:
RR,

The " 457 " is the visa that foreign workers are given to be able to work here in Australia ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Cool mate, not being foreign I did not know that,,, I wonder how many will be issued ??

Nanjim said:
RR,

Cheers Nanjim
Jim
:lol: :lol: :lol: :| :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't call it a political rant GaryO your just stating facts and I here you and your spot on the money ;) , Going by these stat's in this link one can understand why good ol Dick Smith is taking a firm stand and why it just doesn't seem to be as many jobs like there was in the 80's and 90's or should I say as many jobs available to the Australian public as there was back then..http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1516/Quick_Guides/MigrationStatistics there maybe economic growth but lets face it Australian citizens are certainly not getting the full benefit from it that's for sure.. I think if most Aussie's got a chance at working there they would jump at the opportunity and I myself would be one of them ;) and I don't think it will entail just mining jobs (say people with mining experience) but rather a variety of jobs through out the different sectors within that company ...

Ridge Runner said:
Cool mate, not being foreign I did not know that,,, I wonder how many will be issued ??

Around 9543 visas will be issued.......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim said:
Ridge Runner said:

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Well the Gov will get all that lovely money from the cost of those visa'a and from the Tax from what the workers earn,, That should keep them in the life style that they are a custom too.

I work in a position (supervisor) where i see and work with people on the dole now before i go on there are some who do anything to find work and hold that job
HOWEVER on the other hand i will have 6 out of 10 that are not willing to look for work as it will upset their dole payments some have told me they will not get out of bed before lunch so how are they to find work (Classic example is my own brother he is 59 and worked 7 years of his life) they turn up wearing the incorrect foot wear (thongs) because they know i will send them home
Most get the phone book and write down businesses and phone numbers so that when they go to their job provider they have for filled their requirements
NO one checks if they even rang.
This area is high unemployment and more and more people are moving here as they know there are no jobs so they can stay on the dole and this is not the only town that this happens in
I and this is only my opinion i do not blame businesses for importing labor as they know they will work as that's part of why they come here

Join parliament , protest, nudie run , nothing's going to change , makes me lol when people actually believe they have input .
Call me a defeatist ect but if you get to loud , you'll have a strange heart attack

7.62marksman said:
I work in a position (supervisor) where i see and work with people on the dole now before i go on there are some who do anything to find work and hold that job
HOWEVER on the other hand i will have 6 out of 10 that are not willing to look for work as it will upset their dole payments some have told me they will not get out of bed before lunch so how are they to find work (Classic example is my own brother he is 59 and worked 7 years of his life) they turn up wearing the incorrect foot wear (thongs) because they know i will send them home
Most get the phone book and write down businesses and phone numbers so that when they go to their job provider they have for filled their requirements
This area is high unemployment and more and more people are moving here as they know there are no jobs so they can stay on the dole and this is not the only town that this happens in
I and this is only my opinion i do not blame businesses for importing labor as they know they will work as that's part of why they come here

I have seen it over here and some of the extreme cases some are being paid more than 4x what I can earn when you add it all up It is not hard to understand why it happens.

Is that figure for this financial year or the one just past because I interpreted it as a substantially higher amount than that in recent years like just last year alone?
Nanjim said:
Ridge Runner said:

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

And then on the flip side you have those that are willing to travel within oz to work because a lot of the mining associated work has now dried up. I'm in Sydney working in excavation and as of today the company I work for all of say 30 strong have just recently employed in the last 6 months 4 from WA 2 from QLD and 2 from Newcastle. They all come from mining areas and all were involved in the infrastructure when it was booming. Now it's dried up and completed there is no work. Every guy I talk to is willing to be re trained to work where they were to some degree. These fellas leave their homes their girlfriends their wives and kids, they chase work where ever they can get it when it pays a steady income but now can't return home to work cos it's not there and the mining companies are reluctant to train. To me kinda sux. Rant over

greencheeks77 said:
Is that figure for this financial year or the one just past because I interpreted it as a substantially higher amount than that in recent years like just last year alone?
Nanjim said:
Ridge Runner said:

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

I should imagine it would be for 2017/2018 if they have not been issued yet,,

Good luck to who ever manages to get a job there, Lord knows they will have to earn their keep, It won't be a push over.

From what understand of it is that if you are on benefits you can not move to another area that has a lower unemployment rate unless you are moving back to your immediate family and if you go against those rules your benefits will be cut off so those people maybe just coming back home to live as there is possibly no work for them in the area from which they came from or they were prepared to make the sacrifice and move anyway and receive no payments for quite some time , but don't quote me on that it just what I have been led to believe..
7.62marksman said:

you are so right GC77 the benefits are cut (up to 12 weeks) however they then hit all the places like Salvos Vinnies etc and then present to housing as being homeless and then get put into a motel for x amount of weeks depending on the availability and funds
last financial year we gave out 155 thousand in Food Vouchers alone just for this area alone not to say anything about clothing furniture chemist bills and that sort of stuff
if there are kids involved the story changes again no one will let parents with kids live on the street or be hungry
two today moved into the area on Monday not knowing anyone in town not even knowing the town itself i had to draw a mud map on how to get to places they are now in a motel for 28 days and payments have been restarted and on the emergency housing list as she is about to have a baby
there is no consistency with center link it depends on who you see on the day and what sort of mood they are in

I believe every word marksman dam some have the gift of the gab don't they ;) I've personally seen how people work the system and I must say it really sux when say I've needed a genuine hand before in the past and was given things like a can of grapefruit and things alike that you cant even make a meal from and I have children, whilst families that never have worked in their life and are known to be on the gear so to speak and are at those places every second day and they walk out with gift vouchers ice cream for the kids fresh meat and other similar items it really leaves one gob smacked with a jibbed sort of a feeling and truly no faith in our system, its true it really does depend who you get on the day either that or they just cant deal with tantrums they display, and if your a nice person you just get jack sh!t and sent on your way :rolleyes: and if its not that it must be who you know not what you know... Mate if it was me in charge I would let them sleep on the street rather than let them work the system like they do and f101k it up for the people that really need help in a time of real need :lol: sorry everyone if its to emotional my moderator is out for the evening :lol: :lol:
7.62marksman said:
you are so right GC77 the benefits are cut (up to 12 weeks) however they then hit all the places like Salvos Vinnies etc and then present to housing as being homeless and then get put into a motel for x amount of weeks depending on the availability and funds
last financial year we gave out 155 thousand in Food Vouchers alone just for this area alone not to say anything about clothing furniture chemist bills and that sort of stuff
if there are kids involved the story changes again no one will let parents with kids live on the street or be hungry
two today moved into the area on Monday not knowing anyone in town not even knowing the town itself i had to draw a mud map on how to get to places they are now in a motel for 28 days and payments have been restarted and on the emergency housing list as she is about to have a baby
there is no consistency with center link it depends on who you see on the day and what sort of mood they are in

A change to the wefare system has stopped most of that now as it is all done over the phone to a 1300 number and now the only face to face we do is IF they get approved they come and pick up a prepaid card off us to the amount which was approved over the phone we get an email with the name and approvel amount so thew cant lie about how much it was
It is now restricted to every six months which has stopped a lot of people that presented themselves for handout every few weeks
As this is an area i work in i could go on for hours and tell you things that would make your head explode and upset a lot of people by telling what people get up to but i wont as i think i have vented enough lol

Latest posts