Hello from a Pom....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a quick "Hello" from a locked down Pom who is suffering from severe cabin fever at the moment..

I found the forum via a link on YouTube and have come to hopefully learn a little about prospecting for gold.

My main interest is are metal detecting, which I am fairly new to, but I am also a long time deer hunter, shooter and have been known to wet a line also...

I have been lucky to see a lot of the world in the past, but so far not Oz or New Zealand, but I still dream on!

silver said:
Hello Pete the Pom in LLLLockdown......
Same situation over here
Welcome aboard
Follow the link ;) ;)
Thanks for the welcome, and the poetic nod to what I guess was your former home????

We have been locked down for 6 weeks now, and i think the politicians would like us to do another month, but I think a lot of people will start to break it very shortly...

Welcome to PA Pommie Pete.
We're also pretty tired of the lock-down, but will most keep following it.
Some States (Queensland and Western Australia) are slowly relaxing their restrictions, so there's a small light at the end of the tunnel :(
Here in Victoria, we will maintain restrictions until May 11th, and will see how things are going then.
Hope you can get down our way when travel is allowed :Y:

BigWave said:
Welcome to PA Pommie Pete.
We're also pretty tired of the lock-down, but will most keep following it.
Some States (Queensland and Western Australia) are slowly relaxing their restrictions, so there's a small light at the end of the tunnel :(
Here in Victoria, we will maintain restrictions until May 11th, and will see how things are going then.
Hope you can get down our way when travel is allowed :Y:

As soon as my lottery numbers come up, a combined sambar hunting and prospecting holiday would be the first thing on the cards! :Y:

G'day Pete E or is that Pom E lol welcome to PA :Y: not sure about other states but heaps of Sambar in Vic. As for Gold it's where you find it so to speak even though victoria is well known for large gold the easy gold ain't easy no more. Some do well others not so well, research is the key, Deer are a lot easier than gold. My young bloke went for a walk (exercise during Covid19 restrictions) on Saturday and saw 20 plus deer Sambar and Fellow unfortunately zero nuggets :lol: :beer:

RM Outback said:
G'day Pete E or is that Pom E lol welcome to PA :Y: not sure about other states but heaps of Sambar in Vic. As for Gold it's where you find it so to speak even though victoria is well known for large gold the easy gold ain't easy no more. Some do well others not so well, research is the key, Deer are a lot easier than gold. My young bloke went for a walk (exercise during Covid19 restrictions) on Saturday and saw 20 plus deer Sambar and Fellow unfortunately zero nuggets :lol: :beer:

I really think I would end up going feral if I lived in Oz! lol Les Hiddins has a lot to answer for....

Latest posts