SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booney said:
Will be interesting to see if this is for real or not ! If it is and we can get a depth advantage with out loosing sensitivity they will be a hit
Wonder how the cable connection will be ,anyway will make for interesting conversation around the fire this weekend.
Cheers Booney.

Head into Coiltek and grab one so you can let us all know :Y: :)

Coiltek said:
Hi all. Thanks for the support.

These coils will provide you with other options for different abilities. The smaller coil will be sensitive and great for tight areas. The larger 11 will be good for depth and covers more ground as does the 14x9. The 14x9 has the added benefit of extra coverage though and good pinpointing. Essentially going over already worked ground with other coils has always been a benefit and now you have that for the SDC.

The windings are very secure as all the elites have been.

Its been a very positive response to this release and I cant wait until they are on the ground finding gold for those who get one.
Thanks
Trev.
Gooday Trev , just assuming , with the well known sensitivity of the sdc , the new coils will add the ability to find larger nuggets at depth ?

aussiefarmer said:
One last question, plus sub questions ;)
With the modified shaft will all 4500 type coils fit the sdc ? And if so would they work ok , or are these 3 coils designed especially to suit the sdc's brain box ?

No problems answering the questions. Its best to ask is direct that get here say

The shaft fitting fits our coil types but the GPX coils wont work anywhere near as well due to some specific things required for SDC in the coil assembly.

These are not retrofitted GPX coils. They are specifically for the SDC.
Hope this helps
Trev.

Coiltek said:
aussiefarmer said:
One last question, plus sub questions ;)
With the modified shaft will all 4500 type coils fit the sdc ? And if so would they work ok , or are these 3 coils designed especially to suit the sdc's brain box ?

No problems answering the questions. Its best to ask is direct that get here say

The shaft fitting fits our coil types but the GPX coils wont work anywhere near as well due to some specific things required for SDC in the coil assembly.

These are not retrofitted GPX coils. They are specifically for the SDC.
Hope this helps
Trev.

Thats exactly what i needed to hear thanks :Y:
I look foward to having a center mount coil soon, as that rear mount is my biggest hate on the sdc. :Y:

Now I have a Gold trip on in Easter....

Ummmmmm 11"or 14x9 "

And if I pre order, will they get to me on time ?

Who would be best to deal with in SE Qld ?

the SDC is primarily a fine gold machine. The new coils will extends its capabilities but its not going to have the versatility, adaptability or big deep gold ability of a GPX with a big coil.
That said, Im keen to see/hear anyone pulling up bigger deeper gold & how it actually does compare. :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :eek:

I hope they work! Is minelab ok with those mod?
I hope they will also release SDC2300X with interchangeable plug-in coil! :argh:

AngerManagement said:
Would love to see one attached and how the cable runs around the shaft.

From the Coiltek email:
1552023356_attached.jpg

I think if the new coils can keep the same or similar sensitivity to what the SDC currently does and add even an extra inch or 2 in depth then the coils will be worth it over flogged ground. With the current 8" coil it's difficult to cover much ground also, so even a bit more ground coverage should see finds increase also I would presume.

Anyway good on Coiltek for extending the versatility of the SDC, I think they will be very popular coils.

Latest posts