Help please identifying possible diamond?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd appreciate anyone's expert eye to tell me if I have possibly found two small diamonds! I've always looked for gemstones in my adventures. After heavy rains a drain incline had washed pebbles of quart and river stone/rocks & dirt down into the drain area the most of which was introduced from a near by river to what I was told, I looked amongst it to find these two pieces of nearly translucent type stone! Is it possible I found diamond? I'm in the Pambula area of NSW.

Thank you for your reply in advanced :) :Y:
1522355909_img_20180330_071751.jpg

SP22 , welcome to the forum .
Haven't sieved or panned for crystals etc for 40 years , my uneducated guess is topaz or quartz crystals .
Have a happy and safe Easter .

Cheers
goldrat

Thanks Goldrat & Silver I appreciate your welcome to my attendance & I very much thank you for your reply?

I was really hoping that it wouldn't be of quartz! I've seen a lot of quartz but none to the shape texture or clarity!! Petrified glass maybe? Again my uncertainty leads me to question? Likely also a crystal very possible. It's interesting more in hand than the camera my phone has gives justice for!

Bogger said:
Easy ............... you can buy a diamond tester for around ten bucks :Y: :Y: :Y:

From which store can I find one of these & will the device test pacifically for diamond? Thanks for the info Bogger.

Try scratching with corundum - will not mark diamonds. Or use one to scratch quartz, topaz or corundum (only diamond can do that). Poor photo of smaller crystal but looks like has cleavage faces (rare in quartz, common in topaz).

goldierocks said:
Try scratching with corundum - will not mark diamonds. Or use one to scratch quartz, topaz or corundum (only diamond can do that). Poor photo of smaller crystal but looks like has cleavage faces (rare in quartz, common in topaz).
I'll give it a go thank you goldierocks :)

Get a black light to. Should glow under a blacklight, if it does, its a gemstone of some type.

Latest posts