Mrs M messing about in the Murchison

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
She's been at it for a week and half solid and I think she's getting bored. It's time to move on to an old bottle dump we've been told about about 100km north of here.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYv0KzUTOg[/video]

This ground has been done over on many occasions with a variety of machines but nothing beats Coil-to-the-soil and Low-and-slow. Well it helps to have an SDC as well although the GPX4500 did quite well nearby with an 11" Coiltek Mono attached. A quick swing over this ground reveals nothing but careful concentration continues to deliver tiny sub-gram nuggets by the dozen.

Great video Phil and Sandra :Y: what was the nugget count and how long did it take you to achieve that. Here in the GT as BigWave said the ground doesn't seem as hard mind you I've dug ground as hard as concrete in some locations. I'd be stoked to have the time (and ground) to find all those sub gramers, their basically my bread and butter as far as finding gold goes.

RM Outback said:
Great video Phil and Sandra :Y: what was the nugget count and how long did it take you to achieve that. Here in the GT as BigWave said the ground doesn't seem as hard mind you I've dug ground as hard as concrete in some locations. I'd be stoked to have the time (and ground) to find all those sub gramers, their basically my bread and butter as far as finding gold goes.
Concrete is not as hard as that place you took me earlier this year :eek: :eek: that was hard ground .

Moneybox said:
She's been at it for a week and half solid and I think she's getting bored. It's time to move on to an old bottle dump we've been told about about 100km north of here.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYv0KzUTOg[/video]

This ground has been done over on many occasions with a variety of machines but nothing beats Coil-to-the-soil and Low-and-slow. Well it helps to have an SDC as well although the GPX4500 did quite well nearby with an 11" Coiltek Mono attached. A quick swing over this ground reveals nothing but careful concentration continues to deliver tiny sub-gram nuggets by the dozen.
Love to see some finds from the bottle dump if you end up there. Spent a lot of my younger years digging up old wells ( bit sketchy digging those) with the old man. Loved every minute of it apart from the time I near cut my toe off with the shovel. We used to have a whole heap of extras that weren't displayed so ill find out if he's still got them and if so ill send some photos for the Wife
to have a look at and if any that takes her interest your welcome to.

I couldn't think of any other way to describe it :lol: it's hard alright then again rock should be harder than concrete, oh I just found the word I was looking for :lol:.

1501672047_image.jpg
still got a few of these , I remember being told there gin bottles. Tried to send you a pm but wouldn't work.

Great to see MrsM recovered and you're both back out digging up Australia, and finding gold. Love the chaining and the comedy production. Excellent viewing!

RM Outback said:

RM I don't remember the count exactly but they averaged 0.14g. We ended up with just over 40g for two weeks on the same patch. We've been there before and we'll go back again while it stays as a pending lease. I could just keep at it but Mrs M has usually had enough after a couple of weeks so we break it up with bottles and relics.

Dig'n-it said:
Great to see MrsM recovered and you're both back out digging up Australia, and finding gold. Love the chaining and the comedy production. Excellent viewing!

Unfortunately she hasn't recovered yet. This video was shot two weeks before we came home in May. A couple of weeks later she was struggling to get out of bed and dress. It was awful sudden so I'm hoping the recovery is the same when they find out the cause. She suffers worst in the cold so we're heading north on Saturday if all goes to plan :)

Latest posts