GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norvic said:
That`s it I`m off tomorrow, Crikey JP nothing not even age halts this terrible fever, but who`d want it any other way...... well other then the Treasurer that is.

Don't find anything to big just yet as I haven't had a chance to buy a s/hand 19" at the current giveaway price :D :D :D :D

Bugger another bloke who knows how to use it :rolleyes: Looks like the run of cheap 19" coils may dry up :lol: :lol:
Well done Cory .................... the man with the midas touch :cool:

Interesting to read this in G.B's report:
G.B said:
Later placed nugget on ground and swung over it what a change in signal. Less than half the original depth before l could hear it and just a warbly pathetic scratchy signal with no low tone. The response to the undug target absolutely smashed the response to the air test over the dug target. I'm happy.

mbasko said:
G.B said:
Later placed nugget on ground and swung over it what a change in signal. Less than half the original depth before l could hear it and just a warbly pathetic scratchy signal with no low tone. The response to the undug target absolutely smashed the response to the air test over the dug target. I'm happy.

Well from what "those who know" tell me an air tests worth about as much as .........................
Will be interesting to see if any apologies are offered up if it turns out to be a good thing ;)

:D

mbasko said:
G.B said:

Pretty much expected to start hearing reports like that. :D

Soon the 19" coil will be the best thing since sliced bread. You'd think a lot of the more experienced prospectors would have given it longer before bagging it. Seems the "smarter" more experienced blokes are probably out learning how to get the best from it and are digging too many nuggets to be bothered getting on forums. :lol:

Yes agree ..................... amazed at how many so called "experienced" operators are carrying on about stuff that I thought they would have had the knowledge and experience to sort long before they parted with their money? :rolleyes:
I'm a novice but it's not hard to seek advice from several of those who have had decades in the game with a totally unbiased opinion to be given.
Aaaah but hang on I missed the fine print where it states the 19" coil comes with a bag of 3 ounce nuggets ............... or at least the gps co ordinates for the same :D :D :D

mbasko said:
None of them apologised after they worked out the SDC & GPZ were good things so I doubt we'll see that happen :lol:

Yes I do recall a certain someone who without naming names bagged me and basically called bullshit on the finds I was making with the SDC in the Adelaide Hills. Guess what? He now owns one and admits it's a good thing :p

I have purchased the 19 coil and although its only early days for me I have dug some ferrous targets over 2 feet deep that the 14 coil did not hear. That's my testing so far and it is enough for me to have faith in the purchase.

Because the GPZ 7000 has only two coils it was a must for me to purchase the 19 coil because I detect a lot. I believe any serious detector user with a 7000 should get a 19 coil if it can be afforded....because now or in the future they will have ground where the 19 coil may well score them a big deep slug.

The coil will find me some deep gold soon and will pay itself off.

The 19 coil has its place for deep gold although the 14 coil is a better option for long days or ground covered in grass/shrubs.

The coil may not give you 30% more depth in most situations and I don't like the way Minelab have always made seemingly matter of fact numerical depth increase claims for many years. If people are upset with Minelabs claims then they can complain to Minelab or government departments who manage consumer law.....or they can spit the dummy and sell the coil. But rather then stew over the claims and do nothing, flick Minelab an email about it....they may listen to lots of voices.

However, even if the coil does not give the 30% increase as claimed it has shown me enough to indicate it is coil that is capable of finding you a big deep slug, and that's good enough for me.

PS. Hopefully Minelab will improve the coil and reduce the high level of ground friction it currently has. The 9 spoke hole design and the tactile rubber buffers are a very poor design choice obviously not conceived by a seasoned detector user. The friction factor is bad and I believe Minelab should be working hard to bring out a skid plate option ASAP that has full coil bottom coverage with low friction, hard plastic/lexan material.

RDD

mbasko said:
G.B said:

The interesting observation to me in the YouTube video clip you attached in your other post of Cory was when he placed the nugget back down at the bottom of the open hole he dug to retrieve it and swung the coil back and forth over the top of the hole.

He then said "and that's about as clear as it was when I heard it".

The way I see it when he said that, then there was NO difference in the nugget's signal response when it was still undug in the ground to when he performed an air test over the nugget back down at the bottom of its opened hole.

Therefore the signal response that Cory received on the undug nugget was the SAME as the response in his air test and nothing like absolutely smashing the response to the air test over the dug target, as GB says.

There are several old sayings that come to mind ..................... a tools only as good as the operator and it's a poor tradesman that blames his tools.
No problem either in making a bad call but if an apology is in order then it should be given as for me that's what maketh the man :)

Rush I'm far from being anything near expert but from what I have learn't / been told by those with many years under their belt is that there can be so many varying factors that it would be a bit hard to place a hard and fast rule ? Everytime I go out I come across a different scenario with different results .......................... especially when using different machines

Bogger said:
Rush I'm far from being anything near expert but from what I have learn't / been told by those with many years under their belt is that there can be so many varying factors that it would be a bit hard to place a hard and fast rule ?

Yes ......EXAGGERATION.......

OK, I`m stoked, 3rd time back to patch flogged by 14" new age coils on 5000 and Z with 14" coil. Took JPs advice run the 19" at his conservative settings. Whether I should be running the 14" also at JPs conservative settings time will tell, but regardless take no notice of air tests. Is the 19" AOK? Is the Pope Catholic? It is dynamite, am I exaggerating, a big NO, but crikey it was hot there this morn, swinging pick and crowbar, this old codger is knackered but as happy as.

Then hopefully Norvic we get to see a video clip of a response on a big one before you dig it up very carefully and expose it still in-situ for its depth and as you say a then big No of NOT exaggerating.

Even an air test to shut up the likes of me.

Anyway best of luck to you.

Jonathan Porter said:
Norvic, I highly recommend you use the High Yield Normal modes with the GPZ19 in your country, less knock and bump sensitivity and greater depth. Keep an eye on the Ferrite balance its a lot more lively in High Yield so needs to be checked and trimmed often.

JP

Hi JP,

Can you expand on re trimming, do you mean checking every so often the balance with the ferrite and if the ferrite is detectable then do a quick track over the ferrite. Or do we complete a rebalance by pumping the coil up and down? I would love further comment.

I would also like to thank you for all the great information you have posted on the Z and the 19" coil as I find it refreshing to read meaningful content rather then the negative comments being posted and directed at certain individuals ;) I just cant understand how people can shoot down a new product in a matter of days if not hours of testing, I take this type of commentary as static and tend to ignore as everyone is entitled to an opinion but should refrain when not fully informed.

All the best

Tryhard

Sorry Rush, I don`t do videos or post photos, just not my way. Believe and go for it, you will prove it to yourself. I`m not interested in convincing people that the Z and the 19" are the real McCoy, just sharing the magic with like people. Too me, proudly ML is our own OZ company that make the very best by far gold detectors

Yeah from first swing the 19 is a different coil to the 14 and for the people not willing to learn the 19 have probably not learnt the Z. Good stuff Norvic sounds like you need someone to dig your holes for you.

Rush said:
Even an air test to shut up the likes of me.
The problem with the video Cory done is we don't see the target signal in situ so we take his word that it's "about as clear as it was when I heard it". In reality it could have been quiter or it could have been slightly sharper? All we know is it was somewhere thereabouts. Maybe he exaggerated it - maybe he understated it! What's important is that he found it & we are getting feedback from some field use both negative + positive.
You seem to have a lot to say on the GPZ but from your posts you're quite happy using the GPX & have no interest in the Zed other than putting up a string of negative themed posts. Build a bridge, get over it & accept that some are equally as happy using the GPZ! Maybe take your own advice & just shut up unless you have your own practical experience to add?

I go out with all good intentions to video a find, you record it and it's a nail. You record it and it's a bullet. After a while you just start digging them up.....and then eventually one of them is a nugget. So I often record the find and at least share some info about it: i.e. settings, why I'm searching there, what I have found there before etc etc.

Latest posts