Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know Jaros,..I do.
Jaros said:
Good stuff Silver, had to think about the $6.27 for a sec then it clicked---bluddi cents (old age you know?).
Jaros :p

silver said:
Had to look up that big word there for a minute TTKooA
eclectic

/klktk/

adjective

adjective: eclectic; adjective: Eclectic

deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
"universities offering an eclectic mix of courses"

synonyms: wide-ranging, wide, broad, broad-ranging, broad-based, extensive, comprehensive, encyclopedic, general, universal, varied, diverse, diversified, catholic, liberal, cross-disciplinary, interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, all-embracing, non-exclusive, inclusive, indiscriminate, many-sided, multifaceted, multifarious, heterogeneous, miscellaneous, assorted More
"they played an eclectic mix of party music"

selective, selecting, choosing, picking and choosing;
discriminating, discerning, critical

"an eclectic approach to teaching the curriculum"

antonyms: narrow, dogmatic

Philosophy
denoting or belonging to a class of ancient philosophers who did not belong to or found any recognized school of thought but selected doctrines from various schools of thought.

noun

noun: eclectic; plural noun: eclectics

a person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
And now I'm a bit wiser(ha)
certainly shows how the new stuff overlays the older gear(which we want).
TTKooAu said:
That is a very ecclectic collection Silver, it must have been a very interesting hunt. Love it.

soory.... I meant electric.... just cant spill.....LOL

congratulations on the three pence 1922! And on the musket ball. I only seem to find these musket balls in one area. but they were obviously fired from a different location.

do you take a shovel, or just a screw driver and pop the coins out of the ground? or dig?

Hand spade TM,...quite a robust little thing until it breaks(when new), then I weld it up properly and it lasts for ages.I generaly dig a plug and use the Garrett ProPointer.
treasureman said:
congratulations on the three pence 1922! And on the musket ball. I only seem to find these musket balls in one area. but they were obviously fired from a different location.

do you take a shovel, or just a screw driver and pop the coins out of the ground? or dig?

went out today from 9.00am til 2.30 pm, didn't get the $20.00 I was chasing for the day, but got over $15.00 anyway.
here's the spending cash.
1416903636_sam_6324.jpg

and the 2c s
1416903700_sam_6326.jpg

and the 1c s
1416903745_sam_6328.jpg

and I happened upon 2 1/2 pennies 1914 and 1916
1416903808_sam_6333.jpg

and then came the silver I was looking for in the way of a nice little 1942d
1416903893_sam_6334.jpg

and then the odds and ends
including an American 1c and a cap gun trigger and a part of an old watch
1416904167_sam_6338.jpg

not to mention the pretty thing(not that it's real)
1416904241_sam_6340.jpg

but then of course there was this little coin spill that came at the end of the day at just the right tome to reinvigorate me for the job.
1416904365_sam_6342.jpg

I was more than happy with the four threepences
1416904447_sam_6344.jpg

I think the 1944s was the highlight of the coin spill,...but it is 925 silver after all,..travels through time in the soil a little better in this case.
1416904675_sam_6347.jpg

so that was 52 coins for the day with 5 of them being silvers,...2 of those being 925 sterling silver
definitely a hot day for hunting, but plenty of water saw me through it.

I'm still smiling RJ(heeheehee)
Ramjet said:
A great haul Silver. That coin spill at the end must have made ya smile. The '44 3p is in great shape.

Geez it just makes you wanna grab the detector. I can see you smiling from here. Great day out great share. Winning.

Maybe, just maybe,....I'll have a wine to celebrate.
And it's a wonder Nugget didn't set the forum up with web cams enabled for chats GT,..then you would see me smiling(still).
Goldtarget said:
Geez it just makes you wanna grab the detector. I can see you smiling from here. Great day out great share. Winning.

Oh and by the way I meant to sat that the coin spill was in an area of about one foot by 3 or 4 inches.
And,.... the other side of the 1916 half penny does not say "KING and EMPEROR"

Thanks Sandta,....I'm quite enjoying giving the soft dirt a good hit, but it won't be long before it all dries out and becomes hammer and chisel time again(really slows you down),.. mate I wish you were all there to see those coins just keep coming up out of the dirt,....the real challenge was the steel fence that wanted to mask the signals, as the closest penny was just 2 inches away from the steel, and the threepences didn't sound like silver signals at all but I dug them anyway,...The closest one was just an anomaly in the overload zone of the fence signal,..but I could still make out that there was something more than steel fence there.
Sandta said:
Good stuff mate... Great work
And well rewarded :p

Great hunt, one could only wish for such so many coins in the one sitting. The older silvers always make it worthwhile. :)

They do GP, they stand out from the crowd usually as well.
Goldpick said:
Great hunt, one could only wish for such so many coins in the one sitting. The older silvers always make it worthwhile. :)

mouth watering finds mate. thats a nice long hunt. When i do those 6 hour hunts i take a back pack, 1.5L of water and some beef jerky. And where i go i need mossy repellant this time of year. Looking forward to the winter months, ill be out all day. Lovely pence, they are the highlight.
I bought a robust hand spade when i first got my detector. like you said, the thing bloody snapped the second hole i dug, in sandy soil lol. I returned it for a bigger 80cm little spade.

Here's the one I use TM,....you can usually get them from a plant nursery,....there are a few types, the wide one is not good for penetration into grass or soil, but the thin one shown below is a little ripper( the blade itself and the handle are very strong and durable), I don't mind that I had to weld it back up myself(original welds are ground back for aesthetics re: sale), at least that way I know that it won't break on me out in the field.
1416959603_sam_6353.jpg

1416959658_sam_6354.jpg

I put the AA battery next to it for scale.
P.S (no one pays me to weld)
treasureman said:
mouth watering finds mate. thats a nice long hunt. When i do those 6 hour hunts i take a back pack, 1.5L of water and some beef jerky. And where i go i need mossy repellant this time of year. Looking forward to the winter months, ill be out all day. Lovely pence, they are the highlight.
I bought a robust hand spade when i first got my detector. like you said, the thing bloody snapped the second hole i dug, in sandy soil lol. I returned it for a bigger 80cm little spade.

Latest posts