NSW Mining Data Overlay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Would like to post some selected Data overlay for Google Earth and Ozi-Explorer wpts but would like to know your choice of were is the best off site storage that you like to download from?

I can do 4share if that's ok

NSW Shallow Workings Total 161.zip

Sewells Point Alluvials
Wattle Flat Alluvials

"3 nuggets were found at ""Wattle Flat"" in 1896 . and a ""very rich alluvial patch"" (McGowan . 1994p178). Also see McGowan (1994 p153-159)."

WP,D,Sewells Point Alluvials Wattle Flat Alluvials,-35.0516059908385,150.026635206822,pits mounds sluicing

Image2_zps2a46c6be.jpg

Hi Mr Duck

All is good I hope, I also looking for a Booth for next years camp out for the darkside team :lol:

Just looking though some data and picking a few spots that some up and out that way would like to try if that's ok. :cool:

Eagle Beagle Creek Alluvials,-32.7156593519465,149.073270174144,alluvial workings along the creek over 5-6km.

Long Creek Alluvials,-32.7073323301712,149.058677326135,alluvial workings along the creek over approximately 3km.

Image3_zpsbef3de80.jpg

Karea Creek Alluvials Couria Creek Alluvials,-36.3461978641791,150.042745482495,sluicing

Production is in excess of the 8.895kg Au which was recorded in ten weeks in 1878. The Star of the South Line of reef crosses the headwaters of Karea Creek.

Image4_zpsbfa6758e.jpg

Alluvial diggings extend along Potato Ground Gully for a distance of about 2.5km.
Potato Ground Gully,-32.6674230081463,149.165979808443,alluvial workings along the gully over 2.5km.

The alluvial diggings cover a 800 metre length of Thompsons Gully.
Thompsons Gully,-32.6748184823806,149.168557418521,alluvial workings along the gully over 800m.

Image6_zpsacad8366.jpg

Alluvial gold workings accross a point bar sequence over an area of 250x100m. Next to Clay Mine.
Spring Gully Alluvials,-32.6149574182172,149.082134191848,alluvial workings along Spring Gully over about 2.5km

Image8_zpsf1c1c4ab.jpg

Au found on Brou beach (Brown beach) caused a wild rush in 1900 however the gold was found along a stretch only ~100m long.
Brou Beach Brown Beach,-36.135523086045,150.125113377454,

The source of the Au was Tertiary gravels exposed on the beach and westwards, much the same as at the Montreal workings. Further mention is made of scattered gold recovered from the beach in 1905. Lake Brou, and Lake Birroul sediments to the W are report

Image10_zps39f24c74.jpg

how close can you zoom in Detrack ?

If you are on the edge of a lease can you zoom in close enough that you can accurately plot where the boundary is ?

the closest i can zoom in currently is about 1:10,000 scale :/

( until i learn to tweak this thing somehow )

Headsup

If you need to get a zoom on a boundary then GE would be your best option, upload the tenements to GE and load the plots to see.

Image11_zpsc7040542.jpg

Image12_zps803b2221.jpg

:8 Sorry mate i am a jack of all trades and master of 4 or 5 but i am not too good with techie stuff

i have an Ipad mini and an Algiz 7 tablet . did you ever play with Algiz before ? its windows 7 based

http://www.handheldgroup.com/en/rugged-computer/tablets-notebooks/algiz-7/

Google Earth ........ How do i upload tenements or convert the GPS coordinates into a format i can upload ? :/

I am wondering if i should do it on motionX HD on the Ipad or OziExplorer / memory maps like you have

i need to spend a full day or two on this :8

Great info DT, thanks for sharing, greatly appreciated.

I am also a bit stumped how to get the correct overlay download (I looked through the Dept of Resources sites etc) or the overlay settings/tick box in GE that enables the tenements to show up, I have nearly every mine and mineralization occurrence for NSW and southern QLD so far but not tenements.

Any help or pointers to correct overlay image would be greatly appreciated, using all the info I have collated including your own to plan my little adventure north, dont want to go having a pan on someones digs unintentionally.

You might find some use here :-

http://nswtitles.minerals.nsw.gov.au/nswtitles/

https://minesonlinemaps.business.qld.gov.au/

Layer info can take awhile to load, & extracting data ie shape files doesn't seem to work. Have had more success emailing 'em and asking for specific layers. Seems there can be restrictions on getting 'whole of state' data, so need to spell out your shortlisted areas.

Looks like similar mapping to WA's GeoVIEW ??

If anyone knows similar Vic stuff I'm all ears, thanks

HeadsUp

Do you have Ozi or Google Earth already loaded on your Algiz 7 tablet ?

Sounds like you will need more then two days

Detrack said:
HeadsUp

Do you have Ozi or Google Earth already loaded on your Algiz 7 tablet ?

Sounds like you will need more then two days

well i dont need 2 weeks to watch 60 minutes but i once wasted 40 hours trying to get 40 odd maps to convert to a format that would load on GisRoam ( Ipad )

and yes , before you ask , it was switched on , and that flat thing on the front had lots of pretty pictures on it.

I have decided to focus on getting apps running on Ipad before i play with the Algiz tablet ( yes it has GE loaded )

I think the issues i was having are the file conversion tools in GIS , started playing with memory maps today .... will let you know in a couple of days yeah ?

;)

HeadsUp

well i dont need 2 weeks to watch 60 minutes but i once wasted 40 hours trying to get 40 odd maps to convert to a format that would load on GisRoam ( Ipad )

and yes , before you ask , it was switched on , and that flat thing on the front had lots of pretty pictures on it.

I'm abit lost here with your Q: You want to convert downloaded Shp file to Kml if so there are many types of converter software out there to do the job, just need to Google them a pick one.

I you are running window base on your Algiz tablet then you should be able to load them from there if not you can load Kml files into Ozi

As for your Ipad I am sure there is already a very good post on this forum on how to do your overlays (Have seen it here just not sure were other member my know)

I will do the update Tenements as Kml/KMZ and post them up.

cheers :)

Detrack said:
HeadsUp

I'm abit lost here with your Q: You want to convert downloaded Shp file to Kml if so there are many types of converter software out there to do the job, just need to Google them a pick one.

I you are running window base on your Algiz tablet then you should be able to load them from there if not you can load Kml files into Ozi

As for your Ipad I am sure there is already a very good post on this forum on how to do your overlays (Have seen it here just not sure were other member my know)

I will do the update Tenements as Kml/KMZ and post them up.

cheers :)

thanks detrack

regarding the Ipad and GisRoam stuff there is a few posts here , i could get the maps to upload through itunes , but something in the file conversion process wasnt compatible and the maps wouldnt open in GISRoam so i need to revisit that.

The Algiz has the full windows 7 , it has google earth loaded and i have imported some files for NSW gold locations however when it comes to custom maps or tenements i have no idea how to convert a digitised map so its GPS points will also import and reference to the tablets GPS

i will sit down again after work tomorrow and go through the posts you already made , there is probably enough information in those that i didnt catch with the first skim through

thankyou kindly

ps . edited

In regards to the file converters , that may be where my problem is for the Ipads , the site i used may have had issues with the file output so i will try a different one

Here are the NSW Tenements converted to KML files

Have also split them up as below

NSW Mineral_Titles_Tenements 2014
NSW EL__748
NSW ML__346
NSW MPL__88
NSW M_C_L__47
NSW SL__4
NSW DL__1

Download Link
NSW Mineral_Titles_Tenements 2014.zip

I have uploaded them to 4share so just hope you can download them ok.

Because they are KML they can also be imported into Ozi-Explorer as well.

cheers
David

Nice maps, a lot of these are on private property though, Pototo Ground would be great to get onto but it's all private. Would not be good if newbies look at these maps and start wandering all over private properties. Not hassling, some good examples but...... some people will take any map and use it without regard for property boundaries.

That being said, I use all this data http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse as a GE overlay, then use the titles website as a guide to crown land, private, tenements, State Forests etc. Has all the georeferenced geological maps also.

I like the clickable side bar in GE, has all deposits, metals, gemstones, construction materials etc. Also has assay results, field observations and numerous other data also, all with clickable icons with info for each deposit. Then I just check with the titles siter and print my maps out if needed. It only works with a full version of GE, will not work on lite or mobile versions.

Detrack said:
Download Link
NSW Mineral_Titles_Tenements 2014.zip

I have uploaded them to 4share so just hope you can download them ok.

Hi David

I cannot download your zip file after creating a free 4shared account.
Can you please advise.
Do you need to download some sort of 4shared download software?

The 4shared site looks like it could be a bad place for malware so I am being careful :)

Any chance of an updated NSW Mineral_Titles_Tenements 2015.zip or a url where I can download this data.

Cheers
Jed

Many thanks David for this KML file.

I have another couple of Qs you might be able to answer:

1. Is there are (full) data dictionary for the ELs in this KML file?
I want to understand the EL data sheet & also get a contact for the EL holder to ask for access permission as required.

2. I have a 1.6Gb KML file that I would like to view and extract out smaller subsets from the large file into GE loadable smaller KML files.
Can you recommend a free tool that could do this task ?

3. Does NSW and VIC have a list of abandoned mine sites like the WA Abandoned Mine Sites list?

Cheers
Jed

Could you provide a screen shot of some of it to get a understanding of what you have to be selected,, what type of data overlay is it.

Latest posts