Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I headed off early this morning and took the opportunity to check out a couple of country play grounds on my way home...
My best results yet....
First stop...
1404641437_image.jpg

2x$2, 1x20c,1x10c,3x5c ... Pretty good i thought ( and suprisingly very little rubish)
Second stop ...
1404641809_image.jpg

6x$2,4x$1,11x20c,8x10c,11x5c and a ring ... Wow, totaly unexpected result :D ( and got more finds than rubbish)
1404642187_image.jpg

Im pretty sure its only brass , must have been lost the same day they got it ,as it isnt even scratched

Looks like that second area hadn't been touched for a while, nice number of coins found. Any hallmarks on the ring, or is it just stainless steel? :)

Might be worth moving up your way Sandta. bugga all around here. you have the ace 250 in hyper-drive. :lol:

Thanks guys ,
Hey GP , no markings at all , definately brass not s/s
Coyote , the trash has nothing to do with my technique, there just wasnt any. I did find a coke can buried though , and another just laying around( naturally, i put them in the bin)
Actually i did dicriminate the first 2 notches , removes nails and bobby pins and cemented in posts ... They were drving me crazy ... Hope im not missing any real treasures by doing this :8

Don't think you are missing much with the first two segments disriminated out. Every now and again I check nice sounding targets that were scanned over, and most of them are just bobby pins. That dog tag I dug up last night sounded like a super $2 coin in discriminate mode, bell tones going nuts!

School holidays at the moment, so should be a bit of depositing going on. :D

Thanks for the comments guys ,
Gday GP , you are probably right about that ring being s/s , maybe brass plated with the design etched out
Ive gotta say digging and searching without a pinpointer is like taking a piss without using your hands ... It can be done ,but its not bloody easy, and your bound to miss..... Something :p ... im so glad i bought it.
I went out for another go this evening ....
1404731926_image.jpg

2x50c, 1x$1, 5x20c, 3x10c, 4x5c
Those 5c pieces are really corroded , had to clean them hard to be sure what they are

Yeah, a lot of people discriminate out 5c & 10c coins, so they tend to get left in the ground for a fair while. As far as I am concerned, any coin is a good coin, and worth digging.

Gday to all, i headed out early this morning ( 3am) went to a very popular playground that i had been watching over the past 2 weeks( school holidays) before heading back up to the farm . Unfortunately , as it turns out, i was a day late.... I was told that a bloke had been here yesterday and that he had done very well . I did still manage to find a few coins and a piece of a broken rose gold bracelet
1405160256_image.jpg

Gday guys , thought id share my finds from this arvo. Stopped at a couple of parks on my way home from todays job site
1405509639_image.jpg

5x$1 , 3x20c , 1x$2 , 5x10c , 6x5c , kids bracelet , a little teddy bear with 1 sparkle in its eye and small brass Australia emblem

The pinpointer certainly speeds up the recovery rate Sandta, keep a spare battery for it in the car as it's too late when you are out in the bush and the flat battery alarm starts to go off. Good finds, and a bonus in the budget. Have you scrolled through some of my old posts yet, I've probably spilled my guts about a few good points with the ace that help with treasure hunting, over time.

I dig up all of the coins. I love finding the deep 1c pieces.

Sandta keep going and don't give up.

The more you swing the more chance you have finding something.

Just a question re metal screw caps: -> What happens if you put the coils top edge
next to the metal bottle screw cap?

Will it still detect a decent signal.

These screw caps along with bits of foil and canslaw is a pain.

Thanks Silver , your so right... That pinpointer is the best tool ever, makes life so much easier.
Yes i have been through as many posts as i could find relating to the Ace250, i still go back through them. Some things didnt really make sense until actually getting out there and experiencing them and realising thats what they were talking about. Ive certainly still got a long way to go but im enjoying evey outing .
Hey Wolf , screw cap ... Top edge of coil? Im not real sure off the top of my head ( poor memory retention , early signs of alzeihimers i guess , i did LOTS of things in my younger days that have contributed to this ... ;) )
I know that they have a very good strong repeatable signal , because all you guys keep complaining about them , so if you all cant differentiate between them i dont feel bad digging them . But yes they are a pain... So is foil , amazing that a tiny piece gives a strong signal , also cant believe how many old70's style ring pulls i find

Wolfau, one bit of canslaw usually has friends after a good lawn mowing, for a given sized area(depends if it was a victa or a slasher).

Sandta, those ring pulls will also give you the small change and the gold jewellery, that's where wolfaus machine will help him to pick the jewelled guts out of an area that has been detected over and over again and leave all the tops and tabs in place. He be like,... the unseen picker.

Silver , i do realise that they give the same signal , gives me reassurance that if treasure is there ill find it.
You know the down side to Wolf's detector is that unless we all have one we're gonna be digging a lot more ring pulls :(
Bloody hell Wolf .. You keep editing your posts , i get confused easily . ... Back to that bottle cap,im not 100% sure of the question . Why would you put the screw cap on top of the coil? If your asking about a coin next to a screw cap, do i get a good signal? Im not exactly sure but think i get double sketchy signal ... If the conditions are easy to dig ... I dig . I have found that if a coin is close to metal playground equip, if i minimise the sensitivity and move very slowly the coin will stand out. Still going to consider a sniper coil as suggested by GP.

silver said:
Wolfau, one bit of canslaw usually has friends after a good lawn mowing, for a given sized area(depends if it was a victa or a slasher).

I got to avery small area with an old wooden trestle bridge.

I picked up 10 bits of canslaw and a heap of aluminium
Screwcaps and bottle caps.

No coins.

I know what you mean though.

My apoligies i type too fast and either leave words out
Or have spelling errors which dont make sense.

What i meant was try detecting the signal on the edge
Of the coil. If its a screw cap would the detector chirp?

Next time when your out bury a metal screw cap an inch
Or 2 in the ground and detect it normal way then try
detecting it on edge of coil and see if you get same
Result or if it chirps.

Latest posts