2 days of pulltabs and then.......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate lost his wedding ring the other day so went for a look with the aldi detector to see if I could find it, well still in the process of finding it but while looking found this instead.

Just paid off the Aldi 11 times over, SWEET!!!!!! About $1600 in finds so far with it.

Got about $20 in goldies also and only 1 pulltab.

1396344615_20140401_201446.jpg

Heatho said:
Thanks everyone. Danmuss, it's 6.5g, 14k with 6 Diamonds.

Found a new park we can hunt Wally. :D

With riches like that mate, I am in :p

Have you considered chucking the diamonds out and setting some of your sapphires?

Great find. These Aldi detectors are proving themselves.

Was the first 10m of small grassy slope on a sports field, hope I can find my mates ring too. Anytime Wally, I think this place should keep us busy.

Great Idea mate. Bloody small Diamonds, though I do have some small Sapphs of very nice colour which may cut to suit.

Dozer said:
Great find. These Ali detectors are proving themselves.

Sure are Dozer, like a stealth detector, one of these and a pinpointer and you can cherrypick any good sounding target at 10-15 cm down and move fast, can cover a bit of ground very quickly. Wish they made an 11 inch coil for it. :)

nice find mate, are you giving this ring a value of $1600? the reason i ask is i would love to sell my gold at retail cost

Hey Sa thanks, is 1100rrp, dunno in reality what it's really worth. Plus the other ring, few nice Silvers and a lot of goldies, all adds up roughly $1600, though yeah maybe knock 5 hundred off the ring, lol. Got a bit excited, only just got back still high on Gold when I typed it. Still having a good month though.

All the best mate.

ahh ok , yeah i know the feeling and when you find something like that you can imagine the cost of it new! I have found that unless the rings are in mint no one wants to give you much for them, so i work on melt value. The mens 9k bracelet i found was 14 grams and would have been easy over $1000 when it was bought, how ever i got around $250ish for melt value. Just something to keep in mine :)

Keep those rings coming!!!!! :cool:

Heatho said:
Hey Sa thanks, is 1100rrp, dunno in reality what it's really worth. Plus the other ring, few nice Silvers and a lot of goldies, all adds up roughly $1600, though yeah maybe knock 5 hundred off the ring, lol. Got a bit excited, only just got back still high on Gold when I typed it. Still having a good month though.

All the best mate.

I guarantee you that every guy and female on this forum gets over excited when finding something awesome lol .. It's a good feeling tho :cool:

Latest posts