Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of the season's stews
1526006937_p1120200.jpg

1526006937_p1120201.jpg

1526006937_p1120202.jpg

1526006937_p1120203.jpg

1526006937_p1120204.jpg

the dumplings tripled in size and it was yum, that was last night

Ramjet said:
Nice CTX. It is getting time for soups n stews. Bloody artic cold here today.

First one is at work at 5.30am. Second one at home at 8.20am. Strong wings coming down off the mountains.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...33_2107338309296287_4029197704725790720_n.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...138_2107512615945523_991929276901097472_n.jpg
we just had some for lunch, man it was twice as good as last night 8)
i'm hearing ya on the cold, the fire is burning as we speak :cool:

Jaros said:
Very nice stew. 'Tis soup and stew time that's for sure.
you are dead right there jaros i will be dragging out the slow cookers very soon too . lamb shanks are always a good start .
i think i have either 4 or 5 slow cookers that is because i do sometimes cater for a local organisation and sometimes they want a few of my curries and a couple of stews so i bought more cookers and borrowed a few as aswell .
today though i am roasting coffee beans again is an every week job .

johno

ctxkid said:
Ramjet said:
Nice CTX. It is getting time for soups n stews. Bloody artic cold here today.

First one is at work at 5.30am. Second one at home at 8.20am. Strong wings coming down off the mountains.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...33_2107338309296287_4029197704725790720_n.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...138_2107512615945523_991929276901097472_n.jpg
we just had some for lunch, man it was twice as good as last night 8)
i'm hearing ya on the cold, the fire is burning as we speak :cool:

Many stews are better next day. Enjoy. I have just started a pot of Spaghetti Bolognese.

not roasted in a slow cooker , i am afraid that would not work at all .unless you can get your slow cooker up to 380 degrees C then dropped to 330 for the gentle run from first to second crack at about 200 C bean mass temp and stir non stop through the whole roast thats what my roaster runs at anyway . needs to be done in under 20 minutes ideally mine takes about 13 to 14 minutes per 550grm roast . 550 grm goes in and approx 18% less comes out ,weight loss during roasting .

johno
:)

threw a cheese cake together last night and did the finishing touches this morning . should go well cos i have not done one for a few weeks .
i wont get to have any of it though .
pictures aint coming out to good in here think it might be the lack of good light making for longer shutter times .
johno
1526075354_20180512_071827_resized.jpg

Texta,absolutely scrumptious, can you save me a piece please?
Mackka
Ramjet, that looks superb and oh so appropriate for your weather conditions. My wife makes Polish Chicken Soup ( yeah I know where do you get a Polish Chicken) however, I have never had a cold and I eat this in Winter twice a week.
I dare say that yours would do the same especially with garlic bread, simply yummy, good homemade cooking, again well done.
Sincerely
Mackka :)

Mackka said:
Texta,absolutely scrumptious, can you save me a piece please?
Mackka
Ramjet, that looks superb and oh so appropriate for your weather conditions. My wife makes Polish Chicken Soup ( yeah I know where do you get a Polish Chicken) however, I have never had a cold and I eat this in Winter twice a week.
I dare say that yours would do the same especially with garlic bread, simply yummy, good homemade cooking, again well done.
Sincerely
Mackka :)

Cheers Mackka. I would like the recipe for your wife's soup. Not sure where I would get a Polish chicken though. :p :lol: :rolleyes:

Poland mate where else :lol: : :lol: :lol:
It looks to me like Secret Polak Business, because every time I ask her to tell me what's in it she says " water, chicken, and egg noodles "
I know the chicken is FRESH chicken wings with the tip removed, and the Flat and Drumette Seperated. 1 kg in quantity.
A carrot sliced thinly, a few Black Pepper Corns (whole) approximately 12 or 1 dozen whichever comes first.
This is in large pot with enough water to cover the chicken etc and approximately 50mm or 2 inches above the contents. Add 1 Chicken Stock cube or use homemade chicken stock .Bring to the boil and turn down to to a simmer?
When the fat starts to rise, spoon off. Personally, I love the chicken fat but not good for my heart ;) :p
At this stage commence cooking the egg Tagliatelle noodles to al dente . When all components are ready, select a heated soup bowl, never cold, add noodles to the base then add the Polish Chicken Soup

This particular Soup goes very well with a sourdough bread lavished in Australian Butter, and washed down with a nice red e.g. Merlot of your choice. Having said that, I have also had it with mineral water and that doesn't dull the broth.
Maitland you will love it. The secret is the FRESH CHICKEN WINGS, get the from your local butcher if you have one.
Freeze what you don't eat and take it to work to reheat.
Blessings
Mackka and (Mrs. Mackka)
Also don't forget to get a flu shot ;)

The soup looks good ramjet. Perfect for this cold weather

I have a whole ham leg that the family have nearly polished off and i am making the same soup with the leftovers.

Latest posts