Business Cards

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So who has a business card printed up for when you're asking to get access to private property ?

ie; Name.address phone number, email , business ( detectorist, fossicker, prospector) association memberships etc .

What about a letter of introduction spelling out who you are, what you do, how you do it, guarantee repair work etc

cheers Keith

7.62marksman said:
Keith that is one hell of an idea
Top of the class for that :Y:
Fantastic idea indeed.For anyone thinking of doing this go to Vistaprint and you can design your own card and purchase 250 of them from $9.99.Just done an example in about 10 minutes,of course you would add your phone number and email etc.You can do the back of the card as well so you could add your values and organisations you belong to etc.
1497877763_image.jpg

http://www.vistaprint.com.au/

Could make you look to professional but and work in reverse. If a landowner even gets a hint of a notion they may end up with a claim on their land it's a no go. The word prospector means your exploring for mineral deposits ...................... what would or may cause concern for the land owner is what you may do if and when you find this on his land ?
Personally have had several express this concern to me. Not knocking the idea just giving another way of how it may be viewed is all in that it may not open the gate for you but indeed lock it shut :eek: .

I read Eldorado's card the same way Bogger.
"Hobbyist Detector" may be a better title - takes away the perception of being a professional, and who likes to deny someone having heathy/clean fun with their hobby.
At least this way you're seen to be very open in your approach.
I like the: "I only leave footprints".

I don't mean to make it look "professional", just a way of introduction with your contacts, just something tangible that you can put in their hands.
Too flash and slick, yes I could imagine some peoples reaction, but I wasn't thinking about flash, more about " this bloke is genuine" when you introduce yourself

Sort of halfway between Eldorado's and Silver's :)

Potentially a good idea but dumbing down the detectorist fossicker wording etc etc I would say :)

Maybe just try asking people firstly at your less desirable sights,but if that is a bust change your strategy (card) giving out some basis details if you think that might work.

But as I said dumbing down the words that we are familiar with but might give others a reason to say - No!

I am sure if people are just approached as we would any other we might be surprised just how many times you here the word that you are after being - Yes :Y:

There is plenty of great sites out there that have not yet been looked at,but lets hope just be human kindness you can get access.

Good luck :D

Bogger said:
Could make you look to professional but and work in reverse. If a landowner even gets a hint of a notion they may end up with a claim on their land it's a no go. The word prospector means your exploring for mineral deposits ...................... what would or may cause concern for the land owner is what you may do if and when you find this on his land ?
Personally have had several express this concern to me. Not knocking the idea just giving another way of how it may be viewed is all in that it may not open the gate for you but indeed lock it shut :eek: .
Fair call Bogger,I can see how a professional looking card could work against you.Mine was just an example of what you could put together.You could put whatever you want on your card.It could just have your name,email and phone number on it so the person you approach for permission could contact you in the event they allow access.

I think it's a good idea but more for after permission has been granted or you get a "maybe". Good to let the property owner know you details.
A letter or flyer explaining what you do as a hobbyist, showing where you want to go on the property & reinforcing that you follow your state rules plus other things like leaving gates as is; making contact prior to the day you want to head out (not just showing up), only accessing agreed upon areas etc. can work too. Not as intrusive as door knocking or phone calls.

Eldorado said:
Bogger said:
Fair call Bogger,I can see how a professional looking card could work against you.Mine was just an example of what you could put together.You could put whatever you want on your card.It could just have your name,email and phone number on it so the person you approach for permission could contact you in the event they allow access.

Was just my thoughts is all..................... I know when on the farm if you had handed my old man a card he would probably have told ya to buzz off in different and much more colorful words. ;) The handshake and the man behind it speaks volumes to the man on the land. :Y:

How about wearing a PA shirt. A Forestry worker approached me the other day, he was just checking on me to see what i was up to. He was pleased at how much lantana i had eradicated around the mine, Just a thought.

I'm thinking about that US detecting show last year , the property owner gets 50% of the find whatever it my be, this on a card or better a flyer would or could make the difference it would encourage the land owner more and he/she woulden't feel taken advantage of because there's something in it for them.

Food for thought :)

Latest posts