Beechworth Eldorado Gold Gift

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its been pretty quiet for me since around April, haven't been out on the gold now for a few months but instead it was time for me to put phase two of my crazy prospecting idea into action.

Back around Easter of 2012 with a keen interest but zero experience I decided to give prospecting a go, the first few trips provided results I was over the moon about but most seasoned prospectors would go home in disgust. Without being deterred I devised this crazy plan that maybe just maybe all my 0.05g days might get me enough gold to make my fiancee's wedding ring.

Well it took me just over 12 months and a hell of a lot of trial and error and hits and misses but my plan came together! Thankfully the 0.05g days gradually got better and slowly I crept a little closer to my target. But the best part was with a rare stroke of good fortune not only did I manage to find enough gold for the "hers" but I got enough for the "his" as well.

These rings are borne from the alluvial gold sourced entirely from Reedy Creek, beautifully hand crafted and will really make my special day all the more special. I won't plug the jeweler that made these for me however if anyone was looking at getting something made from their gold I would highly recommend them and would gladly pass on their details via PM.

Cheers
Adam

WOW elbowgrease!

That is truly amazing. What an inspirational task you have achieved.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Congrats on making it so very special for your lady.

Just awesome!

Rod

That my friend is AWESOME!
What an achievement... you & your wife to be should be very proud of your achievements.
I've seen posts & pictures of you both working the sluice & classifier - Well done & congratulations on them one of a kind rings.

Cheers - Marty

Truly amazing stuff Adam. At least now the rings will have hold more value to you both than just a monetary figure, something that could be handed down and appreciated by generations to come. Very inspiring.

Nugget.

Elbowgrease,

It brought a tear to my eye, I guess it was tear of joy for you and yours , what a touching story and shows you have a good heart that the bride to be truly deserves. I wish you many happy years together.
Have you set a date?
Good luck and congratulations are in order.

Sincerely, Eugene

Eugene said:
Elbowgrease,

It brought a tear to my eye, I guess it was tear of joy for you and yours , what a touching story and shows you have a good heart that the bride to be truly deserves. I wish you many happy years together.
Have you set a date?
Good luck and congratulations are in order.

Sincerely, Eugene

Yes Eugene and not long to go, 5th of September, just under a month away now! Starting to get to the business end of it but very excited! I'm very lucky to have a fiancee that will come out camping and sit by the creek and keep me company and is supportive of my hobbies not just the prospecting but fishing and boating and snowsports! Definitely a keeper and definitely worth the the effort.

Hey Marty, that invite is still open for a trip north anytime, that warmer weather is coming and I reckon I can help get some gold in that pan of yours, not the big stuff you'd be accustomed to though hehe ;) We've got a neat little spot up by the creek now, hopefully the seats we made up around the fire pit didn't get used for firewood through the winter!

Thanks for all the positive comments folks

Adam

Wow! Great to see all that effort put in and get such a nice result all round elbowgrease!

The ring designs are superb too! I hope you both have a happy and successful journey through life and that is only the start of much more gold to come my friend :D

Love the Reedy Creek area. Spent a day down there panning and sluicing a couple years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I remember the black sand and tiny garnets being fairly plentiful amongst the gold. Really beautiful scenery in that part of Aus.

All the best!
Shauno.

What an awsome way to unite the two of you, may the wedding bring you as much happiness as the winning of the gold.

Great work and all the best for the big day.

Tone

That's a great story and beautiful rings. I love Eldorado, spent a million of my teenage years fossicking with my Dad. Lots of Gold around there.
Best of luck x

I had a geologist friend that tells the story of how he ended up married (has been for 32 years now) when he conned his then girlfriend to come along on a sampling trip so that he could get the cooking and home comforts sorted out in the bush.
He told her that if she found enough gold for a wedding ring he would marry her and guess what....no home comforts or cooking as "wife to be" sunk herself into the task and low and behold managed to do even better than required over the long week end.

Well a bloke had to fulfill his promise is the way the story goes but they are still married and still poking around among the rocks.

Great way to introduce the wife or girlfriend into prospecting or even grandchildren

regards

Ideal and great idea Adam. It's my plan also. Would be interested in the details of the jeweller mate if you can PM. What do you do about the stones buy them through the jeweller or find them also??

Latest posts