Great detector spots around Bathurst area???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey fellow prospectors
Do any of you guys know of some good detecting spots around Bathurst, Turon river, Sofala or Hill end?
Please let me know
Flash :)

And, What Maps do you have. LOL
With a bit of research, You have a heap of options
to consider. :)
As above, Do you have a dedicated Gold Detector or are you chasing coins and relics. ?

Tathradj said:
And, What Maps do you have. LOL
With a bit of research, You have a heap of options
to consider. :)
As above, Do you have a dedicated Gold Detector or are you chasing coins and relics. ?

I have just a basic map for the upper area of Bathurst. And I have a fisher gold bug.

Hey guys i am down this neck of the woods at present looking to do the same while we wait for the big race ..i'm a Qldr. so do you need a fossicking lice / permit to detect in NSW ? Cheers.....

No fossicking license required in NSW unless going into NSW State Forests then you need a state forests permit.
Obviously you obtained your NSW Entry Permit & access key. Don't forget to lock the gate once you re-enter Qld please . :p ;) :lol:

rustygold said:
Hey guys i am down this neck of the woods at present looking to do the same while we wait for the big race ..i'm a Qldr. so do you need a fossicking lice / permit to detect in NSW ? Cheers.....
Hi rusty you could try ophir or hill end and surrounding areas only a 45 min drive from Bathurst

Hahaha yeh thanks guys i will leave the key in the letter box on my way back ..ps if i leave it open a little bit a few good footy players mite sneak thru theres a rumour up my way you need a few / team lol... yep will giv that spot a go nxt week cheers :D

Latest posts