Xterra 705 Gold jewelry signals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all,
Have any of you found any Gold rings, necklaces or bracelets using the Xterra 705?
And can you tell me what signal number they read as on the display and what carrot gold related to the signal please?
Co.

Hi Co, See if you can get a second-hand or new Gold head (Double-D) - (X-TERRA 705 Gold Pack - 10x5” elliptical lightweight 18.75 kHz). I haven't found any nuggets with it, but found some quartz with specs of gold - this made the 705 waver between 26 to 28 and strangely 40+ readings. I was in an iron-rich location in a creek (south-west of Gympie) which also had some dark quartz/granite type stones that gave very strange and changing reading depending on which way I held the coil over them. When I got the big stone home, I found that a magnet stuck to it. Nice large smooth stone and very heavy, but don't want to crack it to see what's inside.

Sorry - just re-read your query.
- For my 705 with Gold Head Double-D coil, the gold-coated jewellery comes up as a 10-12 (eg like ear-rings, etc)
- Silver jewellery registers as 24-28 (not sure why)
- Gold ring (never found one yet, but tested one I have) comes up as 12-14

As I only have the one 705, I set up an alternate means to easily swap to the Gold-head, using an old unwanted forearm crutch. Cut off the main bottom aluminium bottom shaft about 10cm from the top, so that the sprung bearing could still be used to lock into the shaft at various positions. I then inserted and glued the plastic/poly conduit into that small section (see the photos) and gave a quick spray of silver paint (old duco paint). at the bottom, you need to make a fitting so that the head can connect on - I just made the end rounded and drilled a hole through the bottom, filled the area inside with Bog (two part polyester filler) and smoothed it and painted it too. The 705 head fits into the hand grip by using a smaller piece of tubing glued in with araldite.... and it works well. Easy to change over as needed. See the photos.

Attachments

• b-Setup from walking support.jpg
    b-Setup from walking support.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 0
  • bottom-shaft.jpg
    bottom-shaft.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 0
  • b-double-D-head-poly-shaft.jpg
    b-double-D-head-poly-shaft.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 0
Hi Co, See if you can get a second-hand or new Gold head (Double-D) - (X-TERRA 705 Gold Pack - 10x5” elliptical lightweight 18.75 kHz). I haven't found any nuggets with it, but found some quartz with specs of gold - this made the 705 waver between 26 to 28 and strangely 40+ readings. I was in an iron-rich location in a creek (south-west of Gympie) which also had some dark quartz/granite type stones that gave very strange and changing reading depending on which way I held the coil over them. When I got the big stone home, I found that a magnet stuck to it. Nice large smooth stone and very heavy, but don't want to crack it to see what's inside.
Hi, thank you. I do have a DD coil although I am not detecting for gold at this time. I am more wondering about gold jewelry. I am detecting an old park land area with alot of aluminium and pull tabs..
Thank you for your response.

Latest posts