x35 coils for prospecting.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All. Just got a sec hand Deus fitted with 9" hf round coil. As Deus don't appear to make a larger version of this coil was wondering if a 13" x35 might work for goldfields? As it is not designed specifically for gold as is the hf coils I am a bit concerned whether it would be a waste of money getting the x35 mainly for prospecting. Ronnie.

Probably best to get onto Clegy & see what he says but the 13"x11" x35 coil has higher frequencies from 23khz to 27.7khz.
While this isn't going to be as sensitive as say the usual 40-60khz LF "gold" machine with a smaller coil it may actually offer some benefit in being less susceptible to ground noise + better depth while still being reasonably sensitive?

Hi Ronnie,

Its not that it won't work its just a lot of surface area for the machine deal with if the grounds hot.
The reason for using the smaller coils for Gold is exactly that reason, cut down surface area to have less soil to deal with under the coil.

It might be hard to settle but with lower KHZ that's a bit easier to do.
Raising the reactivity will help and there a few of us that have a theory on that coil. Low frequencies and deep gold. Its only a theory though.

Had some minor success using the 9 Inch X35 (Black Coil) But I always recommend the HF coils to the gold crew.

I'd find it hard to recommend you go that way specifically for gold. The big coil is great for coin and relic but in reality is virtually untested on gold.

I've seen a half Grammer at 200mm with that HF coil you have so i would persist with that kit for a while longer.

Cheers

Clegy

Thanks all. And thank you for your honest advice Clegy. Nice to see. I have had a Deus a few years ago. Always regretted parting with it. Seems to have a few improvements since then. I'll take your advice and play with the hf coil for a while. I'll keep an eye on reviews as the new coils are tested more in the field. ;) Regards... Ronnie.