Wriggle Sticks on the move

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Was out with a mate doing some testing and almost ran my coil over this:

1565515673_54b84687-cb76-483f-87a4-b66c01cba222.jpg

Well camouflaged little blighter or should I say biter. Can you spot him? I almost didnt.
A bit closer:
1565515865_8d02067f-623d-4bfc-894f-196c84c96f4d.jpg

Death Adders dont get Xmas cards from me. Just dont like the ugly suckers. The gators will be a permanent fixture a little earlier this season.

Cheers

Les

Geez still a bit cold in my book for snakes at least all the ones at my place are frozen this weekend :) It's a funny thing though seeing snakes out in the cooler months a few years ago now I saw 2 over a week just below the snow line in August as well. Good idea having gators on or in your kit bag.

Hope you have a pair of snake Gators mate..

I have a pair but unsure if they will stop a snake bite tho..

Will have to look into getting a better pair...

Goody :)

Biggest danger when detecting around here.
Area's full of them. :awful:

Remember, Aussie snakes don't hibernate,
They slow down.

Have seen reports of Tiger snakes crossing snow covered area's for instance.

Hi Bob and Doug.

This beast was found close to where the cars were parked at the last Mogo meet. (About 200m from where you sighted the snake when we went out for a swing)

Wow the death adder blended in well with the background, scary stuff alright. But wow that red belly black, bloody huge. :poop:

That one in the Potty was a small one... Scroll down and you will see the Big Fella... 1.8m long OMG... :eek: Nice and fat from all the frogs in the creek...

Reminds me of something like the Red-back on the toilet seat only worse... :(

LW....

There was a huge Red Bellied Black Snake out at Nerriga the other week, this was after the little bit of rain we had in the area and thus there was bit of water in the creek. It was quite a handsome looking specimen being a very glossy and sleek black, it was curled up in a spot where the sun was nice and warm for it. It didn't bother us so we in return didn't bother it, after all black snakes like eating brown snakes.

I know several People who have Red-Bellied Black snakes and treat them as a pet around their House... If they see him/her they usually just shoo it out of the way as they say they keep all the other nasties away...

They are a beautiful Snake...

LW...

I now take one of those $3 air horn cans with me, when i get to where im going il get close to the ground and give it several blasts, never came across a snake ever since.

Latest posts