Worth crushing?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know nothing about rocks and I don't carry a crusher with me.
You really don’t have to have a dolly pot or crusher surely you have a hammer to knock a few chunks off. As Davs said if all the pieces are reacting to the detector then it is more likely to be a hot rock.
Gold generally just looks yellow rather than glinting which is more a characteristic of minerals like pyrites and micas.
Whilst you found, you own the rocks and you can do with them as you like, perhaps you would be better keeping them to yourself next time rather than posting pictures of them and having others waste time suggesting ways to establish their identity, which you choose to ignore. As you admit you know nothing about rocks and I am sure that by doing that you could ensure your knowledge will stay that way.

You really don’t have to have a dolly pot or crusher surely you have a hammer to knock a few chunks off. As Davs said if all the pieces are reacting to the detector then it is more likely to be a hot rock.
Gold generally just looks yellow rather than glinting which is more a characteristic of minerals like pyrites and micas.
Whilst you found, you own the rocks and you can do with them as you like, perhaps you would be better keeping them to yourself next time rather than posting pictures of them and having others waste time suggesting ways to establish their identity, which you choose to ignore. As you admit you know nothing about rocks and I am sure that by doing that you could ensure your knowledge will stay that way.
Oh...
I thought we were here to share information and help each other out.

What about this one?
Slightly magnetic and very smooth.
Could it possibly be a space rock?
Maybe from the moon or Mars?
Or even from Uranus.

Attachments

• 20220723_084026.jpg
    20220723_084026.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220723_084036.jpg
    20220723_084036.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220723_084002.jpg
    20220723_084002.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Oh...
I thought we were here to share information and help each other out.

What about this one?
Slightly magnetic and very smooth.
Could it possibly be a space rock?
Maybe from the moon or Mars?
Or even from Uranus.
OK, I understand your point and offer you a full apology for the comments in my earlier post which were expressed in a rather unkind way.
But I also hope that you would understand that that when someone uses this forum to post something in the hope of receiving information that the sharing of information to which you refer is a two way thing. For the responders as well as the poster
Responders are entitled to feel disappointed if the poster seemingly ignores any ideas they take the trouble to suggest to shed further light on the specimens that are posted for discussion.
I am sure you didn’t want to give that impression but maybe a lesson for all here.

No need to apologise mate.
You can believe what you want.
Just cause I said I'd chuck the rocks aside does not mean I'm not grateful for the suggestions that people have offered.

It's just a discussion about rocks on a prospecting forum.
I have neither the desire or time to do a crash course in geology.
I'd rather be walking the bush.