Worth crushing?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are going off over the detector and pinpointer. I've broken one up a bit but cannot seem to see anything yet. I do not have a dolly pot so I don't want to spend hours with a hammer and tea towel.

1642631876_20220120_092911.jpg

1642631876_20220120_092919.jpg

1642631876_20220120_092932.jpg

dam it said:
Anything that sets the detector off is worth a closer look ( crush )
But IMO I think Ya got a few HOT rocks :D

I think you're right 'dam it', hot rocks can be tracked out but you can't track out gold.

Give that a try.

Solid Luck said:
deepblue said:
Bring them over John, I've a dolly pot and a Miller table you can use.
cheers db

Yeah, thanks mate. I'll take them back up with me. I'll try and drop by. Probably only hotrocks as damit has said but I could not leave them there. :)

If they hold gold I reckon they'll be hot property :) there's only one way to find out mate, test test test :beer:

Solid Luck said:
Moneybox said:

Don't have one MB. But I'll work something out. :)
Lump hammer and a tea towel on the driveway, you know ya wanna mate :lol:

Solid Luck said:
Moneybox said:

Don't have one MB. But I'll work something out. :)

I cut the bottom off a tiny oxy bottle. They are rotational cast so no seams and no corners. I made one for my grand daughter by cutting an aluminium fire extinguisher off. It's very strong for its weight but might not handle masculine recklessness :lol:

I say it's a hot rock.
If you're using an SD a GP or a GPX (not the 6000) put on a DD coil it'll balance out after the 3rd or 4th pass.

This rock I found today is a screecher.
I'll crush it in the next day or so and see what's going on with.

View attachment 2215View attachment 2216
break it up into a few pieces and run each piece over the detector if they all make a big signal then it's just "leveright" if just one piece makes a signal then crush that bit down and sieve it and pan it

A conglomerate rock of cemented gravel could well contain a nugget within.
Unfortunately the rock looks more like a weathered specimen of a plutonic rock with largish mineral crystals within.
The only way to tell for certain is to look at a fresh unweathered surface.
Either way put the Estwing detector to it.