Wilson brothers hand crank trommel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was looking at these by us. company wilson bros.

http://www.wbprospectingllc.com/product/hand-crank-trommel-classifier/

Looks pretty cool. Can dump straight into buckets or mounts above a sluice. Does wet and dry. Hand crank standard with optional 12v motor. Looks quite versatile being wet and dry useage. Would suite sluices and things like the jackwinder or even just panning.
Has anyone here tried one out? Have sent them an email to see how much it would be to import as i dont think anyone stocks them here in australia. They seem fairly reasonably priced in us dollars so hopefully the postage isnt too stupid. :inlove:

1600602501_screenshot_2020-09-20-21-41-06.jpg

Found a bit more info on it on a different site to the link...
SPECS of the 10 inch Hand Crank Gold Trommel Classifier:

3/4 inch PVC spray bars on four sides of hopper and down the length of the barrel

Standard garden hose fitting for the water connection (2000 gph water pump beneficial not included).

Use thisgold trommel wet or dry.

10 x 21 x 16 gage steel barrel with 1/4 round holes.

1x 1/2 x .06 tubular steel frame.

1/2 inch cold rolled steel shaft.

42 legs.

Heavy duty cast iron pillow block bearings

The trommel has a 3 x 4 opening in bottom of the unit.

Simple in design and to use.

This unit is built with heavy duty pillow block bearings with grease fittings for long life in the field.

Using this unit provides you with an increase of 20 to 1 on your classified materials at the end of the day.

Set this unit up in the river right over your sluice box and Youll even meter the amount of material feeding into your sluice.

One person shovels into the unit and the other person hand cranks the unit and monitors the buckets being filled, or one person can easily do it by myself.

This portable unit weighs about 38 lbs.

Shovel your pay dirt into this Hand Crank Gold Trommel Classifier. Place empty buckets under the machine and crank the trommel until the bucket fills, then replace it with another empty bucket. Work gold-bearing material dry or wet with great results.
Hand crank, no motor, makes it Ideal in areas where motorized equipment cannot be used. Standard garden hose fitting for the water connection (2000 gph water pump beneficial). 3/4 inch PVC spray bars on four sides of hopper and down the length of the barrel.
The more dirt you move in a day, the more gold youre taking home, right? How does one person processing 10-20 buckets of material in an hour sound? Youll do it by the use of this hand operated Trommel Classifier! If you wish to get some real production work done at your gold mining claim, two people can work together.
10 x 21 x 16 gage steel barrel with 1/4 round holes. 42 legs. 1x 1/2 x .06 tubular steel frame. 1/2 inch cold rolled steel shaft. 3 x 4 opening in bottom of the unit.

Having imported camera housings from the US in years gone by and knowing their shipping costs, I think the shipping cost would be almost more that finding someone to make something here. Pretty simple design just have to make the plastic bits out of Aluminium.

Stu666 said:
Hi, is this available in Aust yet? its just what im looking for.

I havent been able to find one similar in australia and have looked pretty hard. There is the ro engineering one but that is only motor driven and is over $2500 :eek:

I have emailed the guy at wilson bros and he hasnt responded in over 3 months. Also he doesnt seem to answer his phone number, so not sure what his story is at the moment :brokenh:

Dihusky said:
Having imported camera housings from the US in years gone by and knowing their shipping costs, I think the shipping cost would be almost more that finding someone to make something here. Pretty simple design just have to make the plastic bits out of Aluminium.

Going on the weight of the trommel i am assuming it would cost the equivelant or more than the actual wb trommel. Still a bunch cheaper than 2.5k so was kind of ok with the postage costs

That looks like a brilliant piece of equipment but,

You put a water pump any where near it in NSW,
Contravenes the Reg's, Guide.

I really like the design aspects.
Some one has put a lot of thought into it.

Tathradj said:
That looks like a brilliant piece of equipment but,

You put a water pump any where near it in NSW,
Contravenes the Reg's, Guide.

I really like the design aspects.
Some one has put a lot of thought into it.

I think its a copy of one that used to be around in america called the "california sluice". Apparantly that guy stopped making them and sold the rights for the design. They sure are a pretty cool unit.

Im in vic so no worries using a pump here as far as i know as long as its just for water.
Thats a bit of a strange rule that cant use a pump in nsw for water movement. I wouldnt really think of pumping water would be considered to be doing much environmental damage. Maybee theres other factors for nsw too??

Built one very similar to this years ago and believe it or not painted the same blue. Hardly used it due to lack of water. Gave it to Gypsy/Kris - Coolgardie, she probably still has it gathering dust in their shed.
Cost me the price of the bearings, and a couple more $$'s for the steel from scrap yard.
Have photos here somewhere.

Been trying to work out ro eng. Are they still good or days gone bye now?

I can't find anything since a year ago.

Gem in I, try www.roeng.com.au, the site comes up with new toys to look at ,i have not been to there site for a few years since i bought the clean up sluice off them ,had a peek a few minutes ago and they are still there but list as in nsw now, not kilsyth

Latest posts