Will this be the Ultimate Prospecting Vehicle?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Di H given this is probably the best build the forum has seen :Y: deserves an update I reckon. One would hope you have had a chance to check it out in the real world and interested to see how it's all going? Your attention to detail and effort taken in the build ................... tops :Y:

She's now my daily drive much to the surprise of some people, certainly turns a few heads and gets a bit of respect in traffic, had one guy stop his footpath wandering, come to attention and salute :eek: , she's a heap of fun, great having a vehicle you actually have to drive as opposed to cruise in an armchair.

She hasn't been bush yet, but have to plan some weekend trips as longer ones are going to be on hold for a while as I've just taken on a new job, but back blocks of northern NSW for gems and Gold plus out around Stanthorpe for Topaz are looking very attractive, just got to remember the GPS otherwise we'll never find her.

Fuel consumption is awesome, did a trip to Swansea area recently, 1500km of traffic, road works and 100kph cruising and she came home with a average consumption of 13.8l/100km, will be a bit different towing the camper though.

All of us are loving her :inlove: :Y:

Gday Dihusky,
Can I borrow it this weekend? :) Looks awesome, hope you have great adventures with it.

Dihusky said:
One thing I like to do is see at night, sure I would rather set up camp in daylight and be enjoying a beer or glass of red by the fire as soon a dusk dims the lights, but in the event of having to drive at night I like to see where I am going, plus spot the roos and warn oncomers to shift over, so today the new night vision system got installed.

130w LED headlights with built in side lights and indicators. These have only just hit the market and are available from 'nuggetstuff', so if you have a Landy Nugget has them.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10304/1526212319_led_headlights.jpg

Finished off with the rear vision video camera so I can watch the tailgaters, and woe-betide a tailgater that thinks this beasts stops slowly, 6 wheel disks.. stops on a dime!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10304/1526212511_rear-vision-camera.jpg

Many thanks mate, my new eyeballs arrived last week and I fitted them this arvo. Exact same lights just a different supplier.
Just took it for a spin up the paddock about 10 minutes ago and the difference was chalk and cheese.

Extremely happy with them! :Y:

Makes a difference being able to see where you're going for a change, never dared have a roo's eye view of high beam :cool: recon they'd be head butting trees for a while :lol: Glad you're happy with then.

Rockhunter62 said:
A friend of mine got himself one of these late last year. Certainly would make a great prospecting vehicle. :Y:

https://slrvexpedition.com.au/products/eurocargo-4x4/

Cheers

Doug

That's one hell of a rig, I've seen a few of this type of Camping rig at the shows in Brisbane, also seen the price :awful: 8.( 8.( 8.(

Would be a bit hard to quietly go and hide.

You'd need a second vehicle for doing the running around in the fossicking grounds, some of the places I've been you'd never get this in.

Neat truck for a home away from home though.

Hi Dihusky have you still got the perentie?
If so are you happy with it and would you recommend one?
Got my eyes on one atm,thinking about going back to basics,no computers or bloody dpf's etc.
The extra tray size and heavy duty nature of the whole rig is very appealing....

Hi Dihusky have you still got the perentie?
If so are you happy with it and would you recommend one?
Got my eyes on one atm,thinking about going back to basics,no computers or bloody dpf's etc.
The extra tray size and heavy duty nature of the whole rig is very appealing....
Yes we still have her though she is rarely used these days. Our original plan was for her to take us round Australia, then Covid and a new job in Building Management put paid to that idea for a few years until we retired last year.

Weren't planning on buying a property, but found a place that had sold but fallen over on finance, it was a beautiful 5 acre property in an awesome area, badly in need of some serious TLC, so bought it and have been loving working on the property ever since. So apart from getting us and the camper up here, she's done very few Klms over the past year, may only get driven once per month for material pick up and to keep everything moving. As a result of this, we are planning on putting her on the market, just got to tidy up a few bits and pieces, then she's up for sale
Always been super reliable and the only stuff we have ever had to replace is pretty much off the shelf.

If you're interested in the full details of the mods and upgrades send me a PM and I'll give you all the info.

What :oops: Oh no Lizzy is up for Sale ..... I have had the pleasure of seeing Lizzy and all I can say is Wow...... The Work and care that Dihusky has put into it is none the less incredible ....
Would make a great Prospecting-Travelling Rig for any one... Wish I had the $$:(

So happy that You and the Missus have found your bit of Paradise...
Its nice country out there... I head out to Patten often as mate has 150ac out there.... Might have to catch up...;)

LW.....

Yes we still have her though she is rarely used these days. Our original plan was for her to take us round Australia, then Covid and a new job in Building Management put paid to that idea for a few years until we retired last year.

Weren't planning on buying a property, but found a place that had sold but fallen over on finance, it was a beautiful 5 acre property in an awesome area, badly in need of some serious TLC, so bought it and have been loving working on the property ever since. So apart from getting us and the camper up here, she's done very few Klms over the past year, may only get driven once per month for material pick up and to keep everything moving. As a result of this, we are planning on putting her on the market, just got to tidy up a few bits and pieces, then she's up for sale
Always been super reliable and the only stuff we have ever had to replace is pretty much off the shelf.

If you're interested in the full details of the mods and upgrades send me a PM and I'll give you all the info.
Well life throws many curveballs dihusky,thanks for that,much appreciated,off shift tomorrow for 7 days so i'll send you a pm and give ya a buzz the next cuppla days if ya got time....

Last edited:
Well life throws many curveballs dihusky,thanks for that,much appreciated,off shift tomorrow for 7 days so i'll send you a pm and give ya a buzz the next cuppla days if ya got time....
One has to grab the opportunities when they present and we have absolutely no regrets about this one. Look forward to hearing from you.

What :oops: Oh no Lizzy is up for Sale ..... I have had the pleasure of seeing Lizzy and all I can say is Wow...... The Work and care that Dihusky has put into it is none the less incredible ....
Would make a great Prospecting-Travelling Rig for any one... Wish I had the $$:(

So happy that You and the Missus have found your bit of Paradise...
Its nice country out there... I head out to Patten often as mate has 150ac out there.... Might have to catch up...;)

LW.....
Certainly give us a ring when you're next heading to Pratten